Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayour

Options
  • 10-11-2014 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

I reckon we should cut our losses on this guy and cancel his contract.

See him yesterday when poch told him to come on. He had spent 10 mins warming up on the touchline and then decided he had to change his boots before coming on.

Complete joker who brings down everyone around him.

Geting him out of white hart lane would be the first step in recovery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Totally agree, he's a cretin. Abysmal season, that game against Arsenal where he barely moved, still makes my blood boil. Bad for the dressing room, no motivation, that'll seep in.

Think he touched the ball twice yesterday. AVB did the right thing in banishing him, even though it cost him his job. Maybe Sherwood tucked him into bed at night and read bed time stories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

so its the fans fault ? what a clown

They dont understand what the manager is telling them ? This is laughable stuff.

This must be the funniest part

"Even when things aren't going my way I am still trying the same, running around, wanting the ball, jumping to head it and looking to play my football."

This guy clearly is brain dead and a liar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

He is the definition of unprofessional. Cant understand why he hasnt been got rid of. Buying out his contract to have him go away would be the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Tottenham Hotspur fans have answered Emmanuel Adebayor’s criticism of their support by telling him that they are among the most passionate crowds in England and noted that he was also “rubbish” away from White Hart Lane last week.

Adebayor claimed after Sunday’s 2-1 defeat against Stoke City that Spurs players no longer wanted the ball at home and felt unwelcome playing at White Hart Lane because of the booing of some recent performances.

Martin Cloake, a board member of the Tottenham Supporters’ Trust, admitted that some fans sympathise with Adebayor over the home atmosphere but believes that the club’s supporters are loyal, patient and know when a player is giving his all.

“There is this narrative about Spurs fans being hard to please but it’s still an old-fashioned English football ground with the stands close to the pitch and, when it bounces, there is some great passion there,” said Cloake. “It can be one of the most exciting and intimidating arenas. For people who are supposedly very hard to please the fans certainly turn up in their numbers and pay lots of money and follow the team all over Europe. Considering we have only won two trophies in the last 24 years I don’t think that is a particularly grumbly or hard to please crowd. I think it is a very very loyal crowd.”

Cloake also pointed to Adebayor’s performance in the 2-1 win at Villa Park and the fact that he is actually yet to score away from White Hart Lane this season.

“What was also interesting about Adebayor’s comments is that he was talking about how difficult it is to play at home but at Villa the support was absolutely brilliant and he was still rubbish and in fact it was a really terrible performance by the entire team,” said Cloake.

“People are saying, ‘we hear these are really good players but we are not seeing that on the pitch. How good actually are these people?' It’s a bit of a chicken and egg argument. Are players not playing well because of booing or is the booing because players are not playing well? It’s a bit of both. Adebayor is a player on £170,000 a week.

"We know that he needs to be loved. But it does seem a little bit rich to be complaining that people paying between £50 and £80 to watch a single game are not being massively supportive when it doesn’t appear as if all the time he is putting the effort in. He didn’t seem to be saying, ‘I’m playing well get behind me’, he was saying, ‘I’ve done lots of things in the past’. Well, OK, it’s what you do now that counts. You are only as good as your last performance. Fans want to see that people are trying. It’s easy to criticise fans but people do know commitment when they see it.

“I think there is a general discontent in the English game with prices, certainly at Premier League level. People feel a distance from their club. Certainly from what we are picking up, from people we speak to, from people we go to games with and quite a lot of the message boards and forums, there has never been such a feeling of a disconnection from the club. There is quite a debate going on with Twitter and the message boards, some fans saying Adebayor is completely right.

“It’s interesting that the role of the board and the leadership at the club is now being questioned because for whatever reason Daniel Levy has sacked managers. If you are a player working for that employer and you know that it is actually your boss that is going to get the boot if you don’t perform, then where is your incentive to perform? I think there is a bit of an issue there.”

Cloake also added that, on the final whistle on Sunday, the White Hart Lane PA system was put on to the loudest volume “I think I have heard in 38 years” to drown out the boos.

“Whether you like it or not I think people have got a right to express their dissatisfaction after the whistle,” he said.

Spurs actually had a new PA operator on Sunday and say there was no deliberate or preconceived plan to play such loud music on the final whistle

• Advertisement

The guy made those comments just at the right time, heading away on international duty. Next home game isn't till the end of the month, convenient.

A defeat is acceptable when a player gives a 100%, him and a number of players are giving half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

£101k a week? You'd have to wonder what the hell we were thinking. I was actually happy when we signed him.

He's definitely off to the states or East for his payday next.

• Advertisement

"Defender Assou-Ekotto’s presence at the training ground is said to be very infrequent."

So we pay him to sit at home ? Why not make him play in the reserves

There’s a charity Christmas song coming out to lift the curse on Ade.

Juyu know it’s Christmas time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the epitome of everything that is wrong with football…. horrid individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Harry will take him in January?! *crosses fingers and toes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/emmanuel-adebayor-says-more-family-5661703?

The article is from The Mirror, but the piece below is straight from Adebayor;
    I have kept these stories for a long time but I think today it is worth sharing some of them with you. It's true that family matters should be solved internally and not in public but I am doing this so that hopefully all families can learn from what happened in mine. Also keep in mind that none of this is about money.

At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups. When my daughter was born, we contacted my mum to inform her but she immediately hung up the phone and didn't wanna know hear about it. Reading your recent comments, some people said my family and I should consult T.B Joshua. In 2013, I gave my mother money so she could consult him in Nigeria. She was supposed to stay for 1 week; but 2 days into her stay, I received a call saying she left. Apart from all that l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?

A couple years ago, I bought a house in East Lagon (Ghana) for $1.2 million. I found it normal to let my older sister, Yabo Adebayor stay in that house. I also allowed my half brother (Daniel) to stay in the same house. A few months later, I was on vacation and decided to go to that house. At my surprise, I saw many cars in the driveway. In fact, my sister decided to rent out the house without me knowing. She also kicked Daniel out of that house. Note that the house had about 15 rooms. When I called her and asked for explanation, she took about 30 minutes to abuse and insult me over the phone. I called my mother to explain the situation and she did the same as my sister. This same sister says I am ungrateful. Ask her about the car she is driving or anything she is selling today?

My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children's education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today?
When our brother Peter passed away, I sent Kola a great amount of money so he could fly back home. He never showed up at the burial. And today that same brother (Kola) is telling people that I am involved in Peter's death. How? He is the same brother who went and told inaccurate stories about our family to "The Sun" in other to take some money. They also sent a letter to my Club when I was in Madrid so I could get fired.

When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

I would not say any anything about my brother Peter Adebayor because he is not here today. May his soul rest in peace.

My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

I was in Ghana when I received the news about my brother Peter being seriously ill. I drove the fastest I could to Togo in order to meet him and help. When I arrived, my mother said I could not see him and I should just give the money and she would solve everything. Only God knows how much I gave her that day. People are saying I didn't do anything to save my brother, Peter. Am I a fool to drive 2 hours to Togo for nothing?

I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage. 
Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die. 
For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you.

I feel for the lad. Going from desperate poverty to being loaded has it's pressures.

Even if just one or two of the stories are true, it can't be easy. This one in particular...
    I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭celt262

From reading that it's clear that greed runs in the Adebayor family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No time for him at all, no sympathy... Hard to believe he's still with us

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11620238/Emmanuel-Adebayor-released-on-compassionate-leave-by-Spurs-following-series-of-worrying-Facebook-posts.html

Once again he's granted compassionate leave. 31 year old man airing his dirty laundry on Facebook.

He should just quit football permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11620238/Emmanuel-Adebayor-released-on-compassionate-leave-by-Spurs-following-series-of-worrying-Facebook-posts.html

Once again he's granted compassionate leave. 31 year old man airing his dirty laundry on Facebook.

He should just quit football permanently.

Maybe he is showing us compassion by fukn off, don't hurry back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement