Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Site Sold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

PeterCasey wrote: »
    Mankbag wrote: »
    Local councillors have no power in that regard one way or another. The council executive decide on these matters, not the councillors.

Tesco were already turned down for the brewery site by the then acting council CEO, John Mulholland.[/QU
    Where did I mention the brewery site we are the only county in Ireland I say there is no Tesco in and a couple of years back they were trying to get into a town in Kilkenny he had a lot to do with not getting there.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Is it just me thinking the lights are a bit overdone on the new bridge? When turning right from Nore View Terrace (the road beside the river), I have to look twice whether it's the lights or a car coming from right, when driving through it, it's a strange sensation, maybe my eyes are too sensitive. One won't notice from a truck but sitting at that level in a car it's a bit blinding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Wear the shades does not bother me I find it grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭imacman

padyjoe wrote: »
    Is it just me thinking the lights are a bit overdone on the new bridge? When turning right from Nore View Terrace (the road beside the river), I have to look twice whether it's the lights or a car coming from right, when driving through it, it's a strange sensation, maybe my eyes are too sensitive. One won't notice from a truck but sitting at that level in a car it's a bit blinding.
    Doesn't bother me to much but I get where you are coming from. My wife has mild Photophobia (light sensitivity) and she cant drive across there at night because it dazzles her. Its dangerous for people like her as she can get dark blotchs in her vision for a long time after passing though there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Noticed that too, they are extremely bright.

• Advertisement

One thing about that bridge that gets me is the ramps they wonder why trucks don't use it that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

One thing about that bridge that gets me is the ramps they wonder why trucks don't use it that much.

Clearly to stop people speeding... what are the other options

Clearly to stop people speeding... what are the other options

Is there not a speed limit .

Clearly to stop people speeding...

With the speedbumps everyone is punished thanks to few lunatics who think they are on Mondello. The majority of the people will stick to the speed limit. The bumps are no hassle for SUVs (many of them around these days) but for those having a smaller car and do that route very often, it's PIA doing the rollercoaster every day. And it causes more pollution, brake dust and vehicle wear because of slowing down and speeding up.

Came that way last night from Nore view terrace I thought the pedestrian crossing lights flashing was a bit of a distraction with the lights of the bridge you would have to look you could miss a cyclist , you wouldn't notice it as much from the other side of the river.

• Advertisement

Whaaat? You are not wearing your shades at night?? ;-)

Whaaat? You are not wearing your shades at night?? ;-)

I seen council lads working on the new bridge the last few days.

Anyone know what they are doing?

I seen council lads working on the new bridge the last few days.

Anyone know what they are doing?

It has to do with a gas leak which was caused by a third party so they said on Kclr.

It has to do with a gas leak which was caused by a third party so they said on Kclr.

Ok cause I was wondering what the craic was. Sound.

Was that thing on the Irishtown side? Because after the first launch pad, there's a big patch on the road. It's quite noticeable. I was wondering who'd cut into the road like that. :-)

Was that thing on the Irishtown side? Because after the first launch pad, there's a big patch on the road. It's quite noticeable. I was wondering who'd cut into the road like that. :-)

Yes it was at the Irishtown end of the bridge

Yes it was at the Irishtown end of the bridge

Possibility the Cinema will start being built in January. Taking its time !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Has work started here? On the Barrack st side?

road_high wrote: »
    Has work started here? On the Barrack st side?

I know they have possibly started the Cinema cause I seen digger's there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

They have the site porta cabins in and excavators clearing the site at presents. Trucks going in and out for the last few days taking the rubble away.

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's the new cinema. Be great to see the site bring uses to it's full potential

New year new beginings good to see the old mart been used left derelict to long.

New year new beginings good to see the old mart been used left derelict to long.

Heard 3rd hand that the Cinema is going to be an 11 screen Cinema :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

The side the diggers are working on is where the housing is going.

The side the diggers are working on is where the housing is going.

Is that where the offices and the shops were there near Lenehans.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭imacman

Heard 3rd hand that the Cinema is going to be an 11 screen Cinema :)

Its a 10 screen the plans are here
    http://www.bdarchitects.ie/index.php/projects/leisure/cinema-kilkenny

http://planning.kilkennycoco.ie/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=1576&LASiteID=0

http://www.kilkenny.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=227442&format=jpeg

Its really moving forward , I passed it yesterday and a large part of the steel framework is up.

Looks class... is it too big for kk tho? The current cinema is very really that busy. But I do think it's a good addition. Especially for that side of town.

Any word on the "old" one and what will happen. Fantastic opportunity to turn it into something like the lighthouse in Dubkin or even the Stella art house in Dublin also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HughCassidy

Looks class... is it too big for kk tho? The current cinema is very really that busy. But I do think it's a good addition. Especially for that side of town.

Any word on the "old" one and what will happen. Fantastic opportunity to turn it into something like the lighthouse in Dubkin or even the Stella art house in Dublin also.

No its not badly needed for that side of town good to see life coming back to the old mart its idle for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

You'd rarely see a cinema in isolation so expect to see commercial developments to follow once the footfall is there. In 2016, most of the commercial units between gas house lane and Lenehans pub were lying idle. There seems to be alot more life already along that stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HughCassidy

You'd rarely see a cinema in isolation so expect to see commercial developments to follow once the footfall is there. In 2016, most of the commercial units between gas house lane and Lenehans pub were lying idle. There seems to be alot more life already along that stretch.

A lot of shops are after closing around the town I hope the people that can will do something about it.

Advertisement