Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Site Sold

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

imacman wrote: »
    Have to agree , its works in Waterford as they have a bigger population and the cinemas are owned by different companies. The renovated Omniplex is really nice and the Odeon is good too so they complete against each other. How can 2 cinemas from the same company do that especially when one is new and shiny .Over the last 6 months I actually thought they were just letting the old one run down until it closed as they didn't fix broken urinals in the mens and generally the place has become quite grubby. Cant see the old one lasting in the long term .

Same here like I couldn't believe when it was said that the two of them would remain open. IMC probably don't want Omniplex there main rival to buy the old cinema and then have competition.

Any thoughts on the new cinema peeps? Bit underwhelming imo apart from good quality seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

hi5 wrote: »
    If Dunnes Stores can keep two supermarkets going then IMC can keep two cinemas going:D

Hard to believe they actually had 3 at one point.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Hard to believe they actually had 3 at one point.

Celtic Tiger 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭imacman

Any thoughts on the new cinema peeps? Bit underwhelming imo apart from good quality seats.

I find the lack of physical signage strange , no price listing on the wall , no signage telling what the screen numbers are ( I saw on where someone had cut out a number in paper and sellotaped it to the wall).Also no online ticket pickup machines which seem standard everywhere else and reduce the amount of people queuing.

Also no movie posters or paraphernalia anywhere so the whole place seems a bit sterile, and their biggest screen doesn't seem to be open yet, not sure why and seems a bit strange seeing the biggest move of the decade was out last week.It all seems a little unfinished with details missing but the seats and leg room are great.

• Advertisement

imacman wrote: »
    I find the lack of physical signage strange , no price listing on the wall , no signage telling what the screen numbers are ( I saw on where someone had cut out a number in paper and sellotaped it to the wall).Also no online ticket pickup machines which seem standard everywhere else and reduce the amount of people queuing.

Also no movie posters or paraphernalia anywhere so the whole place seems a bit sterile, and their biggest screen doesn't seem to be open yet, not sure why and seems a bit strange seeing the biggest move of the decade was out last week.It all seems a little unfinished with details missing but the seats and leg room are great.

Yeah I agree the atmosphere in there is a bit dull, not much conversation out of the staff to the customer.

The queue's when it gets anyway busy is ridiculous and I had to get a refund because they sold a ticket when the cinema was sold out.

First impressions are important because you only get one chance to make them.

The cinema on Gaol Rd still has the biggest screen out of the two cinemas !

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Car parking is a disaster, too at busy periods. Not nearly enough spaces for a cinema of that size, and there’s only a few screens open at the moment.

The queue at busy periods is very bad too. No option to buy tickets at a machine. There was no separate queue for the shop, so everyone was on the one queue for tickets and popcorn etc with only 2 people working behind the counter.

fg1406 wrote: »
    Car parking is a disaster, too at busy periods. Not nearly enough spaces for a cinema of that size, and there’s only a few screens open at the moment.

The queue at busy periods is very bad too. No option to buy tickets at a machine. There was no separate queue for the shop, so everyone was on the one queue for tickets and popcorn etc with only 2 people working behind the counter.

I noticed the picture and sound quality are not of high quality. Picture is clearly not Full HD and the sound is not Dolby Atmos.

Most modern day cinemas have these elements as standard in a cinema. So it's disappointing that IMC don't have these as one would expect in a brand new cinema.

Odeon cinemas has bought of these qualities and it's spectacular experience and one can notice the difference clearly when compared to the poor standard in IMC

Screens are very small as well and I agree with the previous person the queue takes forever to get through.

Thinking of leaving a review on their IMC Barrack St - Google page. They will have to improve because for the price one pays for a family day out to the cinema and receiving a sub standard experience is not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Couldn't wait for it to open couldn't cut the back off the place when it is opened how original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

I noticed the picture and sound quality are not of high quality. Picture is clearly not Full HD and the sound is not Dolby Atmos.
    I won't be going in there then...

• Advertisement

pegasus1 wrote: »
    I won't be going in there then...

Yeah it's a pity it had good potential to stand out and be the best cinema in the south east.

A 12 screen cinema but not all screens ready as of yet.

If compared to the Omniplex cinema in Mahon Point in Cork a 13 screen cinema it's a facility that has all the mod cons that make it stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

what are they doing on the other half of the mart site? seems to be work ongoing there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

patrickc wrote: »
    what are they doing on the other half of the mart site? seems to be work ongoing there
    Penny's?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Be great to see penny’s staying where they are and taking over the old lifestyle sports shop and the book shop when there gone if they were all knocked into one big penny’s be great

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

linny wrote: »
    Be great to see penny’s staying where they are and taking over the old lifestyle sports shop and the book shop when there gone if they were all knocked into one big penny’s be great

What about the restaurant in the corner?! Seems to do well

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

road_high wrote: »
    What about the restaurant in the corner?! Seems to do well

Oh ya had that forgotten about so long since I was in market cross

Advertisement