Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mart Site Sold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fecking hilarious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

That's some funny sh1t man !

The new bridge aka St. Francis bridge has won me over it is a pleasure to drive on it and really opens up the whole area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭imacman

The new bridge aka St. Francis bridge has won me over it is a pleasure to drive on it and really opens up the whole area
    Yea its great apart from the Castlecomer road and Vicar street junctions which are a complete disaster .I actually cant believe someone sat down and planned those junctions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

imacman wrote: »
    Yea its great apart from the Castlecomer road and Vicar street junctions which are a complete disaster .I actually cant believe someone sat down and planned those junctions

Fking stupid junction. What were they thinking? Instead of terminating at those mart traffic lights (which were for some reason located immediately adjacent to another set of traffic lights) CAS road needs to continue straight though the army barracks and through the houses at de la salle place and join up with the roundabout at Eurospar.

That would give proper, decent connectivity from the ring road right into the heart of town and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Sky King wrote: »
    Fking stupid junction. What were they thinking? Instead of terminating at those mart traffic lights (which were for some reason located immediately adjacent to another set of traffic lights) CAS road needs to continue straight though the army barracks and through the houses at de la salle place and join up with the roundabout at Eurospar.

That would give proper, decent connectivity from the ring road right into the heart of town and beyond.

That would have been ideal.

The very least that should be done is make the comer road junction with the cas a roundabout and make vicar st one way outbound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I have no evidence for this, and only heard it 4th hand but new cinema isn't going ahead, they're going to renovate current dump.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I have no evidence for this, and only heard it 4th hand but new cinema isn't going ahead, they're going to renovate current dump.

Always thought that was a hair brained idea. Something else should go in there.

Thing is, I think the cinema group bought the site didn't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The guards need to police that yellow junction where Vicar Street meets Irishtown and the road to the new bridge. Twice yesterday I was nearly blown off the road by cars coming from Vicar Street without stopping to check if their exit was clear. :mad::mad::mad:

The guards need to police that yellow junction where Vicar Street meets Irishtown and the road to the new bridge. Twice yesterday I was nearly blown off the road by cars coming from Vicar Street without stopping to check if their exit was clear. :mad::mad::mad:

The guards would be better off going in to the council to police the incompetence that allowed that junction to be created in the first place.An 8 year old would design a better junction with a crayon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The guards would be better off going in to the council to police the incompetence that allowed that junction to be created in the first place.An 8 year old would design a better junction with a crayon.

I don't mind who polices what just as long as they sort out either the drivers or the junction!

Bring back the public service advertisement they had during the late 70s/early 80s - the one where Meehawwl O'Angelo or whatever they called him was painting the boxes on the road and explaining how they should be used. Although maybe he took his life in his hands one time too often and got run over while painting them. :D

road_high wrote: »
    Always thought that was a hair brained idea. Something else should go in there.

Thing is, I think the cinema group bought the site didn't they?

Yeah, that's what I thought too, that's why I wouldn't be too sure of the info. They're supposedly "in the know" though! :)

I don't mind who polices what just as long as they sort out either the drivers or the junction!

Bring back the public service advertisement they had during the late 70s/early 80s - the one where Meehawwl O'Angelo or whatever they called him was painting the boxes on the road and explaining how they should be used. Although maybe he took his life in his hands one time too often and got run over while painting them. :D
    Surely to God now that junction is in operation and the day to day experience shows it flawed and dangerous they cant just leave it the way it is and hope for the best . There will be regular accidents at that junction, will it take someone to get seriously injured before something is done!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Tutsy Barry

I think the mart should come in soon. When its built , Kilkenny will reclaim the top spot of Ireland as the metropolis of the republic, Dublin will become second. Well have to watch out for the foreigners then coming down looking for cash, so maybe its a double edged sword, but I'm a cultured man and welcome all walks of life,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Tutsy Barry

Rereg wrote: »
    trollish.

A few heads will be clocked if the world's end gets closed down. I feel at home there with the boyos not like this place where I'm being bullied

Some rumour the new Cinema is to start building in October of this year and finished by June of next year.

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

I see Diesel advertising for staff in Kilkenny for their new store... anyone know more ?

I see Diesel advertising for staff in Kilkenny for their new store... anyone know more ?

Where is that being advertised bud ?

Where is that being advertised bud ?

Indeed.ie under Kilkenny jobs... They are looking for manager and assistant manager for their "new store" but doesn't say where

• Advertisement

Indeed.ie under Kilkenny jobs... They are looking for manager and assistant manager for their "new store" but doesn't say where

Sound, probably McDonagh Junction as they have a few vacant units.

But who knows maybe they could be setting up in the old mart site.

Not a whole lot free in MacDongh... well, not a whole lot of big shops.

Maybe high st? That book shop has closer beside the town hall plus there is work going on in the arcade / Collins shop??

Not a whole lot free in MacDongh... well, not a whole lot of big shops.

Maybe high st? That book shop has closer beside the town hall plus there is work going on in the arcade / Collins shop??

Good point, but can't see the other clothes shop that's beside the closed book shop being too happy if Diesel set up there ! Side by side..

Nice one, really like Diesel. Where are they going? Presumably Macdonagh Junction or High st?

Good point, but can't see the other clothes shop that's beside the closed book shop being too happy if Diesel set up there ! Side by side..

They'll have to get on with it...competition is a wonderful thing

They'll have to get on with it...competition is a wonderful thing

Yeah fair enough. I hope it's the official Diesel and not the knock off Irish version of Diesel..

• Advertisement

Yeah fair enough. I hope it's the official Diesel and not the knock off Irish version of Diesel..

? I'd imagine it's same as the one in Newbridge or tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Green Diesel

nootroc wrote: »
    Green Diesel

Is she D..S.L ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

In a tent?:ermm:

nootroc wrote: »
    Green Diesel
    Washed Diesel more like

• Advertisement

pegasus1 wrote: »

No

No
    why would you say the old mart site, as nothing has been built there yet..?

why would you say the old mart site, as nothing has been built there yet..?

"Yet"

Hey look I'm just putting it out there.

Looks like Harry Corry is opening in one of the vacant units over in the kilkenny retail park.... hopefully a vote of confidence for the park with more stores to come ???

Looks like Harry Corry is opening in one of the vacant units over in the kilkenny retail park.... hopefully a vote of confidence for the park with more stores to come ???

Sports Direct are moving into the High St Shopping Mall it has been confirmed.

Sports Direct are moving into the High St Shopping Mall it has been confirmed.

Are they the same crowd as over Heatons in Carlow? Or are they called something else

Yes that's right.
    Even in the Heatons in the Market Cross Kilkenny they use Sports Direct shopping bags so they (Sports Direct, Heatons) must be linked in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Yes that's right.
    Even in the Heatons in the Market Cross Kilkenny they use Sports Direct shopping bags so they (Sports Direct, Heatons) must be linked in some way.

They're both absolute sh1te, so fit together fairly naturally....

Benny Cake wrote: »
    They're both absolute sh1te, so fit together fairly naturally....

Haha, but don't forget Heatons have the JML Products, like everyone loves there random range of items ! Not..

Heatons price have gradually crept up the last few years and they sell a lot of tat.
    Not a patch on the likes of Lifestyle, JD Sports IMHO.

• Advertisement

Heatons price have gradually crept up the last few years and they sell a lot of tat.
    Not a patch on the likes of Lifestyle, JD Sports IMHO.

JD probably the best out of them, as they seem to have more stock range and replenish it quicker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sports Direct is Mike Ashley, sports world is Heaton's, they're different.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Anyone know whats happening with the new cinema now the road is finished. They got planning permission and the plans looked pretty cool
    http://www.kilkenny.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=227442&format=jpeg

Anyone know whats happening with the new cinema now the road is finished. They got planning permission and the plans looked pretty cool
    http://www.kilkenny.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=227442&format=jpeg

Start building in October

Start building in October

Someone here was saying earlier that this wasn't going ahead now?

Sports Direct is Mike Ashley, sports world is Heaton's, they're different.

Ah right, confusing. Was never in Sports Direct I don't think- they any good? Must be a big store

That was me, but had no proof, just third hand information. Was told that staff had been told that it wasn't going ahead, but definitely pinch of salt required, though still wouldn't discount it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

A good clip of the access scheme and the road going through the mart site.

https://youtu.be/Bq86d1U5L5A

Fake news :)

• Advertisement

That was me, but had no proof, just third hand information. Was told that staff had been told that it wasn't going ahead, but definitely pinch of salt required, though still wouldn't discount it completely.

?

Advertisement