Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Causation, Correlation and the Coming MEGA-WAR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

catallus. cat all us. us all cat

I think you are saying we are all cats. What are you basing this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

To the casual observer, the Elites don't seem to be able to run a country, let alone organise something of that magnitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

wort wort wort

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What do cats like? Cat-nip.

Nip can be a shortened (and racist) version of Nippon, what Japanese people call Japan.

No I'm not saying that catallus is a Japanese government infiltrator but when he shows up here trying to spark off a class war in the West, can we come to any other conclusion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

catallus wrote: »

I think the answer must be yes!

Sure that's all the proof I need, now I'll go don my tin foil hat and root around for those iodine tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Iodine tablets won't help against biological weapons!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,800 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Iodine tablets won't help against biological weapons!

You're just saying that to get my iodine tablets!

I'll swap yours for my cyanide capsule?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Take a look at this graph:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/11/daily-chart-2?fsrc=scn/fb/te/bl/ed/somearemoreequalthanothers

Are the Elites planning a major war so they can cull their underlings again?!

I'm not sure what the relevance here is?

The graph clearly illustrates that major wars reduce income inequality, presumably because governments lean heavily on wealthier individuals to fund large wars.

You can see this very clearly in the graph: following the second world war, the share of the wealthier people was kept fairly constantly pinned down as the US engaged in the cold war and massive public spending programmes like the nuclear weapons programme and the space race.

You can see that pretty much immediatelly following the end of the Vietnam war in 1975 (USA's largest war of the last fifty years), the wealth of the top 0.1% began to rise again, and became a more steady increase as the USSR fell.

The "elites" have no interest in a major war. It costs them money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've not clicked the link but I am going to go out on a limb and say no, there's no elite-sponsored MEGA-WAR on the way.

And if I'm wrong I'll give you a shiny 50c piece.

Deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Causation, Correlation and the Coming MEGA-WAR

Causation..... like a kind of catallust?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

If this war is not mega and befitting of BIG-LETTERS then I am going to be writing several strongly worded letters of complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

so what's the bad news then OP ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I've not clicked the link but I am going to go out on a limb and say no, there's no elite-sponsored MEGA-WAR on the way.

And if I'm wrong I'll give you a shiny 50c piece.

Deal?

Incentivising war? You monster! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

seamus wrote: »
    The graph clearly illustrates that major wars reduce income inequality, presumably because governments lean heavily on wealthier individuals to fund large wars.

As regards WWII there were a lot of factors that combined to lead the US into one of its most prosperous periods where the gains were felt across society.

The US economy also benefited hugely from the ramping up of industrial output during WWII, factories that made tanks switched to making cars. Companies like Boeing used its expertise from making long range bombers to make civilian aircraft. The US had a hugely efficient system of factories after it emerged from the war and lots US oil to power them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Grapth =/= War coming. Graph fail. Get a better graph.

Grapth =/= War coming. Graph fail. Get a better graph.

Are you dissing the graph? :mad:

It is patently obvious that its all coming to a head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Are you dissing the graph? :mad:

It is patently obvious that its all coming to a head.

Rubbish. Ordinary people still have loads more money for the Elites to get hold of. They're not nearly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

Take a look at this graph:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/11/daily-chart-2?fsrc=scn/fb/te/bl/ed/somearemoreequalthanothers

Are the Elites planning a major war so they can cull their underlings again?!

You are right-so we should start planning pre-emptive strike against the Elites as soon as possible,We will have to do it on a budget(my cash flow is not good).And I will not be able to take part in the actual fighting due to a broken leg but I will send one of the local yokels in my place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Is this in conjunction with the reverse vampires and the lizard people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,926 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

kingchess wrote: »
    You are right-so we should start planning pre-emptive strike against the Elites as soon as possible,We will have to do it on a budget(my cash flow is not good).And I will not be able to take part in the actual fighting due to a broken leg but I will send one of the local yokels in my place.

War is God's pruning knife. If you can't fight and you can't run you will not be spared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

OP is like the reverse of Karl Marx or something

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

About sodding time if 'tis. Lot of gowls around the place.

Advertisement