Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 2015

Options
  • 10-11-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭

Here we go again :) Hopefully the online entry system will be a bit more robust this time round!

http://www.ballycottonrunning.com/
    ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR BALLYCOTTON ‘10’ ROAD RACE 2015

The following is the entry procedure for next year’s Ballycotton ’10’, to take place on Sunday March 8th. Numbers are limited as usual and there be will be a combination of online and postal entries as follows:

1) Online entries will open on Friday December 5th at 2pm when the first 1,300 will be accepted. At 8pm on the same evening, a further 1,000 will be accepted, making an online total of 2,300.
    2) A PDF copy of the entry form will be published on the website on Monday December 8th (forms will also be available in John Buckley Sports, Tri n Run in Midleton and Ger Wyley Sports, Dungarvan, the same day). Also, those who have sent in stamped addressed envelopes will have the forms posted out on Friday December 5th. The first 200 non-club entries to arrive by post will be added to the above number, giving a total of 2,500.
    3) After that, only AAI club members and those who ran the four races in the Ballycotton Summer Series 2014 will be accepted (by post) up until Friday December 19th and for those living overseas up until Tuesday January 6th.

4) As usual, a limited number of elite entries will be available nearer the date.
    Entry fee for the 2015 race is again €15 (plus booking fee of €1.05 if entering online).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

opus wrote: »
    Hopefully the online entry system will be a bit more robust this time round!

I hope so too but you can always look at it from their end also, why invest when we still will sell out and get our cut! Yes, wrong attitude, but sometimes makes business since (other than potentially brand damaging, but people remember the race not the 3rd party service provider who last year was Precision Timing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

viperlogic wrote: »
    I hope so too but you can always look at it from their end also, why invest when we still will sell out and get our cut!

Ballycotton always try and provide the best racing experience while charging the cheapest possible entry fee possible, and that's an unfair comment

Ballycotton always try and provide the best racing experience while charging the cheapest possible entry fee possible, and that's an unfair comment

This was not aimed at Ballycotton at all, its at the service provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I agree Viper, very poor service from Precision last year especially with people losing out on a places. I would cut them some slack as maybe they were not expecting such a demand (although I doubt it). If the same happens this year, Ballycotton should take the business from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Given the demand for this race I would be surprised if the online reg doesn't fall over again. ~3000 people all trying to register at the same time. It would be easier if they took all entries in a ballot over a couple of days and then pulled the 2300 names from that ballot.

• Advertisement

Precision were the service provider for the Cheetah Run which also has huge demand and usually sold out in an hour each year. For that I believe they used a queuing system, just like Ticketmaster, but only after the system fell over this year. If they use the queuing system from the very start then there should be no issues and hopefully alleviate the frustration.

Don't forget all, entry is tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

How easy is it to get in as an AAI club member?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Murph_D wrote: »
    How easy is it to get in as an AAI club member?
    One of the few benefits of been an AAI member. Once you submit the postal entry on time you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Let the madness begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

Ballycotton_10_2014_Cork_Running_Blog.jpgBallycotton 10 entries open today Fri 5th at 2pm & 8pm. 2,300 online spots available. All the info and the entry link... http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/2014/12/ballycotton-10-entries-open-today-fri.html

Entered! That was painless compared to other years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Entered as well... painless and swift...yahoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningFree 2014

Woohoo! I'm in!
    It'll be my first year trying it after many years of wishing I was fit enough to give it a go! This will be great motivation to keep running over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

That was Easy, Compared to the hassle people had last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I was still nervous every step of the way, but clear sailing now that it's done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Entered a few minutes ago but still waiting on a confirmation email. Have other people gotten emails immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Whatsthisabout

I went to register and got in easy enough. It was missing Waterford AC though. Also noticed it was missing West Waterford. Guess I will wait for the club postal entry on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

I went to register and got in easy enough. It was missing Waterford AC though. Also noticed it was missing West Waterford. Guess I will wait for the club postal entry on Monday.

Did you register in the end? I didn't see Waterford AC on the list so don't know whether to pick any club or leave it!

Entered a few minutes ago but still waiting on a confirmation email. Have other people gotten emails immediately?

Got an email alright.

• Advertisement

Dukie wrote: »
    Did you register in the end? I didn't see Waterford AC on the list so don't know whether to pick any club or leave it!

Similar here club not on the list. Entered anyways. Painless compared to other years. No email yet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Yeah I just got it now, took about 10 minutes from when I completed the order.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Whatsthisabout

Dukie wrote: »

I left it off I am going to send in a postal one on Monday when the form comes out. I had a quick look at others there seems to be quite a few missing from the list. Ferrybank, Tramore, leevale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

In. Painless even on the phone.

First wave gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

Whatever adjustments were made worked quite well. Got an entry in smoothly.

Took a while for the email confirmation to arrive, had me a bit worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Hassle free entry online this year, email arrived about 5 mins after registering.
    Well done to the people that took note of the problems that occurred last year and made this years entry much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

I left it off I am going to send in a postal one on Monday when the form comes out. I had a quick look at others there seems to be quite a few missing from the list. Ferrybank, Tramore, leevale.

Left it off too. Hopefully I won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I had the window open all morning but FOOKIN FORGOT til now! I need to be on the ball at 20.00. Bad form altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Here goes round two. It's like trying to get tickets to glastobury...

Advertisement