Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

It's a really nice event for sure. What I like about it is the amount of people you bump into, for me it was people I've worked with/currently work with, few I was in college with, few I know from running in Cork & a few I've met through this forum. Makes for a great atmosphere!

For once I ran an event without once glancing at the ubiquitous garmin which worked well as I came home a bit faster than I expected. Maybe that's the mistake I've been making all along :)

There's an impressive number of comments about the change to the water stations on the Running in Cork blog! Tbh for myself it makes no difference if there's one, two or zero water stops in a 10m run but guess others mileage varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I think we were blessed with the weather - I ran Saturday and today while I've been back in Cork and got blown all over the place. Conditions yesterday were near perfect in comparison.

Great set up in ballycotton as ever I thought, everything seemed to run smoothly and as ever a great atmosphere amongst the runners and crowd. I thought the one water station was fine but others obviously disagree! I can't think of a race I enjoy more.

Very happy with my performance too, I had hoped pre race for sub 65 which i thought would be touch and go. Ended up coming in just under 62 mins which surprised and pleased me in equal measure. Now to knock another few minutes off next year and get myself one of those coveted t shirts...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Lovely day lads. Beat last year's time by 2 minutes. By the time I got to the water station I was given the left overs from a bottle fished out of the ditch but it didn't bother me too much, I'm happy once I get my mug :D

Advertisement