Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec service greystones

Options
  • 10-11-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I need to get my astec alarm serviced. Greystones area. Think it's just a battery. Cam anyone recommend someone?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Information Security

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Loopers wrote: »
    I need to get my astec alarm serviced. Greystones area. Think it's just a battery. Cam anyone recommend someone?

Have a look on the PSA website for local engineers in your area. If it is just a battery then it should not be a issue to have this done.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Beware of the guys over reacting to every Astec system saying you need a whole new alarm because the Astec system is obsolete.
    Was out with a couple yesterday who had a company in telling them they needed a complete new system in a 4 bedroom house because they had a faulty contact on the front door.

Also if you had an issue that needed the control panel replaced you can use a GSD i70 to replace the control panel. It is a hybrid system which takes wired and wire free devices. Zones on this system can be set up to use Astec devices used on windows and doors without the need to replace the whole system.

Exactly. There are plenty of options now for Astec system. Beware of the guys looking for the quick easy installs.

• Advertisement

Could not agree more.

Advertisement