Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What menzerna/polish pads??

• 10-11-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi I've just a bought a 2005 Honda Accord in blue.
    Not bad paintwork but I gather the honda paint is notoriously thin. I have a dual action polisher with a starter kit that consists of a green, orange and black hex pad and I have a bottle of fast gloss, super polish and power finish.
    I have no idea what combination of products to use but the paint is in fairly good condition with a few minor swirls only.
    Any advice re what to use would be greatly appreciated !...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

menzerna_polishing_chart.jpg

The polishes you have, in order of most aggressive: Fast Gloss, Power Finish, Super Finish.

Assuming your pads are in fact, Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads....

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Pads in order of cutting ability; orange, green, black.

It's best practice to start with the least aggressive combo and work your way up. So test an area with the Black pad and Super Finish. See what correction that gives. Then decide if you need to move up or if two passes of that combo will do. As you might correct the paint with one pass with a more aggressive combo, but that in turn might need finishing. Also, remember certain panels will have worse damage than others. The near side of the car will have more damage than the offside. The bonnet and boot, more than the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

try a hex black pad with the finishing polish that might be enough to make you happy. what colour ?

Blue. ...says in the OP! ;)

Curran wrote: »
    Blue. ...says in the OP! ;)

weekaizer wrote: »
    I have a dual action polisher with a starter kit that consists of a green, orange and black hex pad

:P

Huh?? Correction??
    weekaizer wrote: »
    Hi I've just a bought a 2005 Honda Accord in blue.

• Advertisement

I though you were talking about pad colour PLEASE FORGIVE ME! :p

Advertisement