Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for Accepting credit cards?

Options
  • 10-11-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

HI,
    Can anyone advise how best to take a credit card bookings, most cost effective?
    It's for the hospitality business - B&B so would be taking bookings via phone or online.
    Is there an app that could be recommended.
    Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We use Syspay.com via app we have a chip & pin machine but they offer a customer not present option too that would work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Try SumUp - allows both customer not present and Chip & Pin transactions. Works very well...

spyderski wrote: »
    Try SumUp - allows both customer not present and Chip & Pin transactions. Works very well...

How does the customer not present work? Just got the Pin+ device today!

Their customer support gave me this one - dunno how official it is, but it works. Get the customers card details, send the payment request to your own mobile no, click on the link & enter the card details. The mobile number is in no way tied to the card or payment details, its just a convenient means of getting the link to the payment to the customers phone....

I have done this in the past with foreign customers (the text message won't go to some foreign numbers) and handed them my phone to input their card details - all works perfectly.

Will check that out cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dare2dream

What are the fees like with either?

I'm paying SumUp 1.95%, no other fees so it's way cheaper than having a normal terminal (for me anyway)

Was a bit wary of SumUp at first, as I'd sometimes be putting through fairly large transactions (€5k +) but have never had a problem with them. Money arrives in the account 2-3 days after the transaction which is as quick as most of the banks...

Was a bit wary of SumUp at first, as I'd sometimes be putting through fairly large transactions (€5k +) but have never had a problem with them. Money arrives in the account 2-3 days after the transaction which is as quick as most of the banks...

Thats good to hear. I use a similar service currently it will be interesting to see how they compare!

"It is worth noting that if the payment has already been settled, 3-6 business days following the date of the transaction, you will need to resolve the refund yourself."

does that mean if a customer wants a refund once its cleared you have to just give them back cash or is there still a way of doing it via card?

• Advertisement

No way of doing a refund by card. It is the one drawback with the system. We also provide a service where we take a refundable deposit from the customer but we can't use SumUp in those cases...

No way of doing a refund by card. It is the one drawback with the system. We also provide a service where we take a refundable deposit from the customer but we can't use SumUp in those cases...

So you refund cash and they keep their 1.95% nicely played nicely played! Handier to just give someone cash instead of faffing around with cards anyway I guess.

Advertisement