Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Vicar St, April 18th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Holy **** yes!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Wow, that's a surprise. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

wow!

Tickets €27 on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Can't wait. Saw them in Tripod a few years back. They've made some of my favourite music of all time so I'm definitely going to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Not the biggest fan, but definetely a band I've always wanted to see live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Can't wait. Saw them in Tripod a few years back. They've made some of my favourite music of all time so I'm definitely going to this!

That gig completely blew my mind (and my eardrums for 2-3 days)

I cannot wait for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Gonna be all over this!

For people who have seen them before, would you recommend standing or sitting? I'd usually go for standing but I feel like GYBE might be better enjoyed relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I think either really for these guys. Though I've been standing at both gigs I saw them at before. The first time was with Sigur Ros supporting which is still one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 MrJangles

Just seen tickets will be on sale from tickets.ie too

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Has this not sold out Yet?! :)

Thanks mr jangles went to tickets.ie rather than commissionmaster for mine......

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

For people who have seen them before, would you recommend standing or sitting? I'd usually go for standing but I feel like GYBE might be better enjoyed relaxing.

If you can get away with it, I'd recommend lying on the floor staring at the ceiling - which is how I saw them at ATP Nightmare Before Christmas!

Looking forward to this show

If you can get away with it, I'd recommend lying on the floor staring at the ceiling - which is how I saw them at ATP Nightmare Before Christmas!

Looking forward to this show

That sounds perfect :) Went for standing in the end, don't think it'll make too much of a difference. Seriously looking forward to this. One of those bands I feared I'd gotten into too late and wouldn't get to see live.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

That sounds perfect :) Went for standing in the end, don't think it'll make too much of a difference. Seriously looking forward to this. One of those bands I feared I'd gotten into too late and wouldn't get to see live.

Same as, my friends have been raving about their live shows for years. Can not wait for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Listening to Dead Flag Blues right now.
    Can't wait to hear it live!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

gaius c wrote: »
    Listening to Dead Flag Blues right now.

one of the best opening lines to a track ever, love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'm so excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MacDurce

Got tickets! Can't wait. Will alleviate some of the disappointment of not making it to primavera!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

No mention of this on the Vicar street website?

I bought a ticket, so fingers crossed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

This concert is almost sold out, remaining tickets are available on www.tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

Hi

Does anyone know if there will be a support act, or when GY!BE will be on stage, I have a ticket, but now might have to work and if I'm unlucky I won't be at the venue before 21:30.

Not sure if it makes sense to go up there if I miss the whole show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

While I'm not 100% sold on all of their recorded output, I think the live experience will hopefully be much better! I was going to sell my ticket, but won't now! \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 padd30

Sagi wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if there will be a support act, or when GY!BE will be on stage, I have a ticket, but now might have to work and if I'm unlucky I won't be at the venue before 21:30.

Not sure if it makes sense to go up there if I miss the whole show

I know it's not really helping you, but if you can't make it i'll gladly take the ticket off you....was a bit late trying to buy & missed out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Umack usually keeps a few back for the door on the night - might be possible to pick one up then.

Umack usually keeps a few back for the door on the night - might be possible to pick one up then.

It's my own fault for waiting so long to buy a ticket, but traveling from distance so need to be sure of ticket availability, although it's RSD, so might make journey & take a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

these are still on sale ? One of the few bands i actually want to see live since ever, was actually thinking of going to iceland to see them, then i just checked today and saw they were playing vicar street. hope im not too late, still seems available on the site just havent tried to complete the purchase yet.

Just this minute managed to secure a ticket. It seems some have gone back on sale, don't know how many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

padd30 wrote: »
    Just this minute managed to secure a ticket. It seems some have gone back on sale, don't know how many.

40 more standing tickets just put up on tickets.ie as per tweet from promoter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Only seeing this now, Holy crap.........saw them in the abassador theatre at the end of O Connell st a few years ago. Actually thinking now that was probably 2002/2003? All I remember is that it was before the smoking ban came in because there was this mass cloud of smoke taking up most of the seats on the balcony. And it wasnt from cigarettes......

Advertisement