Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Canada!!??

Options
  • 10-11-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can someone please give me some advice on applying for a Canadian visa, and about the general standard of living over there? Also anybody know when the date for 2015 visa applications is?

Would be nice to have someone to talk to :-)

Thanks xoxo

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hi and welcome to Boards !

You may find a lot more information over in the Canada forum which is full of answers to your questions :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1559

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Canada forum.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pilgrim pat

most visa application are sort of on hold until the new rules kick in on the 1st of jan ,you should try face book irish in Calgary or irish in Toronto most of the big cities have a face book page

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Trunumu wrote: »
    Can someone please give me some advice on applying for a Canadian visa, and about the general standard of living over there? Also anybody know when the date for 2015 visa applications is?

Would be nice to have someone to talk to :-)

Thanks xoxo

Don't know anything about the visa but I moved here [vancouver] about 3 weeks ago and I'm really really enjoying it, there's a small bit of snow but transit and everything else runs so smoothly and efficiently ... Its kind of expensive but I've found there's so many deals and offers you should be able to get everything you need week to week at a reduced price, also I try to go for shop brand stuff its all been pretty good so far ..

As for transit in the main Vancouver area its very very good, coming from Ireland you will be very happy with it I imagine. Currently the tickets are 2.75 but you can use it for 90 mins on busses trains sea bus etc within your zone (DW you'll get all that when you come over) also monthly tickets are great value if you are going to need to use transit at least twice a day which I find I am doing easily.

Anything else you want to know gimmie a shout, or just trawl through all the threads here, especially the stickys there's lots of info :)

Advertisement