Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resolving overcharges on Phone & Broadband bundle

Options
  • 10-11-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping an Eircom support agent can help me rectify some billing errors I have been trying to resolve with support since early August.
    I believe I am still being overcharged, although a lot has been done to try and fix it whereby it's almost correct.

Back in August I signed up for the €29 p/m unlimited broadband with phone package for the first 6 months, and then €58 p/m thereafter. (It was €24 p/m online only but I could only do it through the phone).

Long story short, when I signed up to that the agent put me on all the wrong packages and I was left on some legacy talktime package along with the incorrect broadband package added.
    I got this corrected in September after a whopper of a bill arrived thanks to the help of the support staff and had appropriate credit applied to my account.

The package I am supposed to be on is talktime with free local/national calls off peak and I think 30 minutes free to mobiles.
    This should be correct as of now, but when I signed up to the bundle, the website stated the €29 p/m cost was all inclusive of VAT.
    The offers on the website has changed since, but the same information is still there on the eircom / broadband page (sorry, I can't link URL in post)

Expanding the "Other useful information and promotions explained*" states the following:
    All prices inclusive of VAT.
    *** Lyca Mobile calls not included.

For the bill I have received this month, I am being charged VAT on the full amount of the bill, rather than just the extra service charges and call charges which amount to a total of 13.29

My service an connection charges are related to mailbox and cordless phone rental.

If the bundle was advertised as €29 p/m which included VAT, is there a reason I am being charged 23% VAT on the full billing amount of €44.18 instead of the 13.29?

Another issue is that I appear to be paying €30.89 EX VAT for my bundle. This also appears incorrect since it should be €29 p/m INCL VAT

I have an image of the bill in can PM if needed, as I am unable to supply URL links in this post

If someone could contact me to help clear up the matter I would very much appreciate that.
    I've been trying since August, and although the support staff on the phone have tried their best to clear this up, I'm hoping that outlining the details here will help resolve it more effectively.

Thanks, and apologies if this post is a little too long or detailed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Digiby wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping an Eircom support agent can help me rectify some billing errors I have been trying to resolve with support since early August.
    I believe I am still being overcharged, although a lot has been done to try and fix it whereby it's almost correct.

Back in August I signed up for the €29 p/m unlimited broadband with phone package for the first 6 months, and then €58 p/m thereafter. (It was €24 p/m online only but I could only do it through the phone).

Long story short, when I signed up to that the agent put me on all the wrong packages and I was left on some legacy talktime package along with the incorrect broadband package added.
    I got this corrected in September after a whopper of a bill arrived thanks to the help of the support staff and had appropriate credit applied to my account.

The package I am supposed to be on is talktime with free local/national calls off peak and I think 30 minutes free to mobiles.
    This should be correct as of now, but when I signed up to the bundle, the website stated the €29 p/m cost was all inclusive of VAT.
    The offers on the website has changed since, but the same information is still there on the eircom / broadband page (sorry, I can't link URL in post)

Expanding the "Other useful information and promotions explained*" states the following:

For the bill I have received this month, I am being charged VAT on the full amount of the bill, rather than just the extra service charges and call charges which amount to a total of 13.29

My service an connection charges are related to mailbox and cordless phone rental.

If the bundle was advertised as €29 p/m which included VAT, is there a reason I am being charged 23% VAT on the full billing amount of €44.18 instead of the 13.29?

Another issue is that I appear to be paying €30.89 EX VAT for my bundle. This also appears incorrect since it should be €29 p/m INCL VAT

I have an image of the bill in can PM if needed, as I am unable to supply URL links in this post

If someone could contact me to help clear up the matter I would very much appreciate that.
    I've been trying since August, and although the support staff on the phone have tried their best to clear this up, I'm hoping that outlining the details here will help resolve it more effectively.

Hi Digiby

Sorry to hear of all these issues that you have been having with the Billing. Why don't you send me a PM with the Account no and I will do my best to look into this for you?

thanks

Colm
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Hi,

Hi Digiby

Sorry to hear of all these issues that you have been having with the Billing. Why don't you send me a PM with the Account no and I will do my best to look into this for you?

thanks

Colm
    Colm
    Any further update on this Colm?
    Sent a PM on the 11th.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Hi Digiby

thanks

Colm
    Colm
    Any further update on this Colm?
    Sent a PM on the 11th.

Thanks.
    Hi Digiby

If Colm has not replied could you please PM me your AC details & I'll investigate this for you?

Thanks
    AL

Hi Alan,

PM Sent. Thanks.

Hi Alan,

PM Sent. Thanks.
    Thanks Digiby

I am awaiting clarification from accounts on this although I can clearly see what you are referring to.

As soon as I have more information I'll be beck to you by PM right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thank you Alan.

Thank you Alan.
    Apologies for the delays Digiby

I'm still awaiting clarification - I'll mark as urgent and get back as soon as possible

Al

Thank you Alan.
    Apologies for the delays Digiby

I'm still awaiting clarification - I'll mark as urgent and get back as soon as possible

Al
    Ok, Thanks again.

Any progress on this? Thanks.

Any news from accounts since the issue was escalated to urgent ?

• Advertisement

Any news from accounts since the issue was escalated to urgent ?
    Hi Digiby

Apologies for the delays with this,

The accounts department have confirmed what has happened, would you like me to call to discuss? Feel free to PM me your contact details and I'll call you within the hour if you wish.

Thanks

Al

Thanks for your help Alan.

Much appreciated.

Thanks for your help Alan.

Much appreciated.
    More than welcome Digiby

Al

Advertisement