Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in Australia

Options
  • 10-11-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hey

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, a friend of mine has moved to Singapore and this is the first year she won't be back to Ireland for Christmas. Her and 2 other girls (also Irish) are having Christmas in Australia. The rest of the girls and myself want to send them a care package for Christmas.

I was just wondering if people living abroad could give me advice on what to put in the package that will a) get through to them and b) what people miss most around Christmas that we can send to them.

We thinking the usual, tea bags, chocolate, crisps, maybe a RTE guide for the craic. Just looking for other stuff if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers
    L :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Australia from Living Abroad as the locals may be able to give you a better idea.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Drop Easty a line at http://www.tasteireland.com.au/ it will save you a lot of hassle if they are staying in a Hotel like in Sydney he will probably drop it off at reception.

Otherwise you are in the same boat in that you will need to supply an address to to them for delivery the same as if you are going to post the stuff yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

+1 to what Mandrake said.

Also as they are female, consider sending over beauty products that you can't get here. I get a big box of soap and glory & No.7 for special occasions from friends at home. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Thanks guys!! Great website to have - really appreciate the response

Advertisement