Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom landline

Options
  • 10-11-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi guys,my mother is paying about €70. over 2 months for eircom landline,I put her on a mobile package of free calls for €20 a month so she could have the option of ditching the home phone as she uses both.I think the landline charge is a rip off with line rental and VAT as she rarely uses it but she is reluctant to get rid of it.R their cheaper options with eircom or anyone have any suggestions.Don't fancy spending half the day talking to operators.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

James3321 wrote: »
    Hi guys,my mother is paying about  €70. over 2 months for eircom landline,I put her on a mobile package of free calls for €20 a month so she could have the option of ditching the home phone as she uses both.I think the landline charge is a rip off with line rental and VAT as she rarely uses it but she is reluctant to  get rid of it.R their cheaper options with eircom or anyone have any suggestions.Don't fancy spending half the day talking to operators.
    UPC could be an option (depending on where you live) as they provide a free landline as part of their various bundles.   They also are due to launch new packages soon which offer free mobile minutes.

http://www.bonkers.ie/blog/upc-launches-new-winter-offers-with-unlimited-calls-to-mobiles/

I'd be careful if you decide to move though.   The mobile package you signed your mother up too might be a new contract in Eircom's eyes.   Check if you are still on a contract before you leave otherwise they will bill you for the remaining amount on the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 James3321

The mobile is pay as you go _€20 a month separate from eircom,ideally would like to get rid of landline,wondering what the cheapest option for landline is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

James3321 wrote: »
    Hi guys,my mother is paying about  €70. over 2 months for eircom landline,I put her on a mobile package of free calls for €20 a month so she could have the option of ditching the home phone as she uses both.I think the landline charge is a rip off with line rental and VAT as she rarely uses it but she is reluctant to  get rid of it.R their cheaper options with eircom or anyone have any suggestions.Don't fancy spending half the day talking to operators.
    Hi James3321

The best advice I can offer you is to contact eircoms loyalty team via webchat: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]www.eircom.net/about/contact/[/font]

Alternatively you can contact via 1901. The loyalty team really would be the best area to contact on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

James3321,

Did you have any success?
    My folks are in the same boat.
    Costing a small fortune just for a few call a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

zapata wrote: »
    James3321,

Did you have any success?
    My folks are in the same boat.
    Costing a small fortune just for a few call a month.
    Hi zapata

It really is best to discus this with eircoms loyalty team on free phone 1901 - alternatively you can chat to an agent in accounts via WebChat at eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement