Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus to Lucan Village from Walkinstown/Kylemore/Red Cow area?

• 10-11-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Im sure the 18 might go from Long Mile to Palmerstown but I don't know if that's going near Lucan Village or not.

The 18 bus punctuality can be dodgy as far as my experience goes.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

First of all use www.a-b.ie, the National Journey Planner or download the National Journey Planner if you have a smartphone. Put in exact addresses and tweak the settings (such as walking time and speed).

However, as I see it, you have three choices:
    1) 18 from Long Mile Road to Palmerstown Village (there's a stop just before the crossroads with the N4), and then 25, 66, 66a, 66b or 67 to Lucan Village (note - not 25a/25b).

2) 151 from Long Mile Road to Foxborough and 25a to terminus on Newcastle Road and walk from there.

3) LUAS to Heuston and then 25, 66, 66a, 66b or 67 from Parkgate Street to Lucan.

Use the Dublin Bus app/website for real time information on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Extremely helpful. Thank you. (I could not seem to get the 18 bus route to be a 1 interchange, it was showing me 2 interchanges for some reason.)

Anyway, I opted for the 151 and walked (30-35mins) from Foxborough to Lucan Village.

Thanks again!

Advertisement