Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting celbridge -town, Bus vs Train

Options
  • 10-11-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I will soon be starting a new job in town near Christ Church, having previously been based in Citywest. I live in Hazlehatch Park and will be using public transport and am wondering what the quickest option will be.

I live roughly 10 mins walk to both the 67 bus stop and also the train station. The train will obviously be quicker but will leave me at Hueston, so ill either have to get the Luas or walk \ citybike the rest of the journey. Alternatively I could take the 67 or the 67x and jump off near the 4 courts and walk up. There are quite a number of suitable buses and trains I could take but im wondeirng has anybody any idea of what the quickest \ most reliable option is?

I will be getting a monthly leap card which I think i can use on either, might be wrong on that?

The new job has limited parking spaces so a 3rd option might be to drive, however id rather be sitting on a bus \ train then in rush hour traffic.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

allybhoy wrote: »
    Hi All,

I will soon be starting a new job in town near Christ Church, having previously been based in Citywest. I live in Hazlehatch Park and will be using public transport and am wondering what the quickest option will be.

I live roughly 10 mins walk to both the 67 bus stop and also the train station. The train will obviously be quicker but will leave me at Hueston, so ill either have to get the Luas or walk \ citybike the rest of the journey. Alternatively I could take the 67 or the 67x and jump off near the 4 courts and walk up. There are quite a number of suitable buses and trains I could take but im wondeirng has anybody any idea of what the quickest \ most reliable option is?

I will be getting a monthly leap card which I think i can use on either, might be wrong on that?

The new job has limited parking spaces so a 3rd option might be to drive, however id rather be sitting on a bus \ train then in rush hour traffic.

Thanks in advance.

I commuted to college for four years, from celbridge to trinity each day. In first year I used to get the train, but from then on I got the bus. The bus works out cheaper and was more reliable, theres a service every half an hour (this usent to be the case, the 67 used to have a really sporadic timetable). The bus also worked out a lot cheaper, as I could get a ticket for 30 non consecutive days as opposed to one month.
    Saying that the train had its advantages as well, it was faster and there was more comfort, provided you got a seat, which was rare.
    If you were getting the train, id walk, sure you'll be in christchurch, by the time you've got on a luas, got off and walked across anyway.
    As much as I hated the bus, Id still use it over the train for its flexibility.
    However keep in mind, that the later 67x in the morning, the ones after half 7 are normally packed by the time they get to the bridge, meaning that sometimes they wouldn't stop. I used to go for the normal 67 at 8 instead of the x, and while it took a few mins longer, at least I got to sit down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

I commuted to college for four years, from celbridge to trinity each day. In first year I used to get the train, but from then on I got the bus. The bus works out cheaper and was more reliable, theres a service every half an hour (this usent to be the case, the 67 used to have a really sporadic timetable). The bus also worked out a lot cheaper, as I could get a ticket for 30 non consecutive days as opposed to one month.
    Saying that the train had its advantages as well, it was faster and there was more comfort, provided you got a seat, which was rare.
    If you were getting the train, id walk, sure you'll be in christchurch, by the time you've got on a luas, got off and walked across anyway.
    As much as I hated the bus, Id still use it over the train for its flexibility.
    However keep in mind, that the later 67x in the morning, the ones after half 7 are normally packed by the time they get to the bridge, meaning that sometimes they wouldn't stop. I used to go for the normal 67 at 8 instead of the x, and while it took a few mins longer, at least I got to sit down

Get the train or the Bus Eireann bus in preference to that, do you really want to be stuck with the start of school traffic in Lucan and Chapelizod? Jesus, avoid that.

Advertisement