Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam FYI

Options
  • 10-11-2014 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Just an fyi, some lovely gentleman are now calling people, claiming they are from Eircom Broadband Support.

It's the same scam as the 'Windows technical support' scam.

I got my jollies winding them up on the call, but it may be worth informing customers of this scam. I'm not an Eircom customer btw

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This has been doing the rounds for a good while now.

But thanks for letting others know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

This has been doing the rounds for a good while now.

But thanks for letting others know.

It's a first for me actually (I work for another ISP), thought it was a new one. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Just an fyi, some lovely gentleman are now calling people, claiming they are from Eircom Broadband Support.

It's the same scam as the 'Windows technical support' scam.

I got my jollies winding them up on the call, but it may be worth informing customers of this scam. I'm not an Eircom customer btw
    Thanks for posting this Random_Name

This has been occurring for a while and the scammers often pretend to be from a variety of companies, if you need further advice on the matter feel free to contact [font=Calibri","sans-serif]eircoms malicious calls bureau on free phone [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]1800689689 

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

This has been occurring for a while and the scammers often pretend to be from a variety of companies, if you need further advice on the matter feel free to contact [font=Calibri","sans-serif]eircoms malicious calls bureau on free phone [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]1800689689 

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Ah it's grand Alan, thanks anyway. Think it might be time to change my phone number though. Getting fed up of these calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

This has been occurring for a while and the scammers often pretend to be from a variety of companies, if you need further advice on the matter feel free to contact eircoms malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689 

Thanks
    Al

Ah it's grand Alan, thanks anyway. Think it might be time to change my phone number though. Getting fed up of these calls
    No worries Random_Name

If you decide to change your number please feel free to contact accounts on free phone 1901 or via webchat: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement