Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation network credit

Options
  • 10-11-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi all hope someone can help me. I bought a 50e PlayStation store voucher in gamestop for my son but when I tried to redeem it it said the code was no longer valid or has been used before but it hasn't been used. I went back to gamestop and they gave me a number to ring Sony but having no luck getting through to them. Anyone any idea where I can go from here thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hi all hope someone can help me. I bought a 50e PlayStation store voucher in gamestop for my son but when I tried to redeem it it said the code was no longer valid or has been used before but it hasn't been used. I went back to gamestop and they gave me a number to ring Sony but having no luck getting through to them. Anyone any idea where I can go from here thanks in advance.

Did you check the wallet online to see if the money was applied.

Are you using the right number to redeem the money? Should be 12 digits long (3 blocks of 4)

Was it in an official Sony dvd case?

Hopefully the answers will help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

I've had this problem with psn credit before.

Sony don't seem to have an error message for when there was an error in communicating with the store, so it throws up the "invalid/already used" message even when it's an issue with the network and the code is fine.

If you keep trying it will go through eventually, but failing that you can redeem it on the Sony website.

They gave you sony's number so that they can check to see if the code is invalid. The retailer has no way of telling if the code has been used so they can't replace it without a go-ahead from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is it just me or does playstation store seem to be down... If this is the case it is possibly the reason the code wouldn't work... Maybe it will work tomorrow when it is up and running (unless it is already working)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is it just me or does playstation store seem to be down... If this is the case it is possibly the reason the code wouldn't work... Maybe it will work tomorrow when it is up and running (unless it is already working)

I was on earlier and it worked, must be the sale messing things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Thanks very much will keep trying it no luck getting through to Sony customer care.

I checked the wallet online def never went through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks very much will keep trying it no luck getting through to Sony customer care.

I checked the wallet online def never went through

You tried redeeming the code via the website as opposed to the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Yes I tried through the website still no luck :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

id go back to gamestop again. They sold you the credit, your contract is with them. Let them do the legwork with sony.

Advertisement