Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get 'widgets' for your desktop? (windows 7)

Options
  • 10-11-2014 8:16pm

Hi folks,

I've a few bits on, and I thought it'd be quite handy to be able to throw a few countdown timers onto my desktop.

I was looking at my phone and the widgets that are on there are pretty class for what they are. For example, an app called "Runtastic" comes with widgets that can sit on your phone screen, giving you detailed info of previous runs, times, etc. and it all looks really well.

On my desktop, I have a thing called 'gadgets' that I havent used in years. I opened it up there today to see if there was a countdown one that looked good, and it says that they have gotten rid of 'gadgets' and replaced them with 'apps', but these only seem applicable to Windows 8.1 and above.

So I did a bit of googling and found nothing.

So in short, i was wondering if anyone knows is it possible for me to download a widget/app/gadget (or whatever name you'd like to throw onto it) that will give me a decent looking personalisable countdown timer, that takes up not an enormous amount of screen space (so i can put two or three in a column on my screen, with different events).

Would be great if there was a way to add a title, photo, etc. to make them not look like they belong on a PC in the 1970s. :D (which is all that i can seem to find, over and over).

Theres an enormous amount of them on the Play store on my phone that look decent, so id be surprised if there's not a similar equivalent for a desktop PC?

Cheers to anyone able to help out here at all :)

Comments

Advertisement