Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well TV3 struggled with basically the same ITV programme mix. The big difference will be their news output, which they are putting most of their money into.

Did they? They went from 7% to 10%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A time lapse video of UTV Ireland's new studio.

A new message has come up for those who get UTV Ireland through Saorview and it's title is named "Coming Soon".

It writes (from below)

UTV Ireland - launches on Thursday 1 January 2015 - Ireland's new home for top entertainment, news and current affairs, drama and documentaries reflecting a modern Ireland.

Will this mean that the new promo loop will be up and running soon enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

A new message has come up for those who get UTV Ireland through Saorview and it's title is named "Coming Soon".

It writes (from below)

UTV Ireland - launches on Thursday 1 January 2015 - Ireland's new home for top entertainment, news and current affairs, drama and documentaries reflecting a modern Ireland.

Will this mean that the new promo loop will be up and running soon enough?
    It has said that on satellite even before it was put on the EPG... there was promos tested on the channel before it went onto the EPG and I assume we will see them return soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Hylus83

turning into a bit of a damp squid

Damp Squid? http://youtu.be/MUQNUwwIEFo
    :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Bearing in mind their studios in Belfast are not HD! :confused:

I think most broadcast kit is HD now, it'd be difficult to build an SD studio now.

If UTV (or anyone else) was building a new studio in NI it'd be HD. Several BBC English regional news studios are HD even though BBC 1 English regions broadcast in SD only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

The schedules for the first week of UTV Ireland are now on Digiguide. I have to say it's not inspiring. For example on Thursday 8th Jan there's a new programme called "The Kyle Files" in which Jeremy Kyle confronts issues of the day...

Replacing Good Morning Britain we'll have Teleshopping and a Loose Women repeat (Lorraine will be shown).

The Chase seems to be used quite a bit to replace ITN News. While TV3 still have Tipping Point.

Teleshopping kicks in at midnight each night.

Meanwhile TV3's schedule has "To Be Announced" listed for it's primetime shows each night of the first full week of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

The schedules for the first week of UTV Ireland are now on Digiguide. I have to say it's not inspiring. For example on Thursday 8th Jan there's a new programme called "The Kyle Files" in which Jeremy Kyle confronts issues of the day...

Replacing Good Morning Britain we'll have Teleshopping and a Loose Women repeat (Lorraine will be shown).

The Chase seems to be used quite a bit to replace ITN News. While TV3 still have Tipping Point.

Teleshopping kicks in at midnight each night.

Meanwhile TV3's schedule has "To Be Announced" listed for it's primetime shows each night of the first full week of January.

Can't find utv Ireland anywhere on digiguide, I put in schedules foe 3 rd jan but no utv Ireland

turning into a bit of a damp squid of a launch really after all their money and promotion. I honestly think they have overestimated they market share they will get and the advertising agencies might be right. Time will tell.

Who thought they'd get more than 7% ditto tv3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Can't find utv Ireland anywhere on digiguide, I put in schedules foe 3 rd jan but no utv Ireland

Do you have the subscriber service? Mine updated this morning with the addition of UTV Ireland. Once I updated after that, it gave programmes for UTV Ireland up til Friday Jan 9th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Do you have the subscriber service? Mine updated this morning with the addition of UTV Ireland. Once I updated after that, it gave programmes for UTV Ireland up til Friday Jan 9th.

Got it myself. It prompted me to add them when I tried closing it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

I registered, I don't pay anything, should I be getting the subscriber service?

How much do people watch ITV/UTV anyway? With me it's just Emmerdale, Corrie and their dramas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

zorro2566 wrote: »
    How much do people watch ITV/UTV anyway? With me it's just Emmerdale, Corrie and their dramas!

So 10-15hrs a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Don't watch itv at all, if they are building this new channel around soaps then I can't see it being hugely effective.
    The tv version of Century radio perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I see that there is a red button message now on UTV on UPC. Explains about setting up your schedules again for recording the soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

No morning show then :( Looks like I'm still stuck with Ireland AM for my morning news fix on Saorview.

Can't really see there being much difference with the rest of the days line up compared to TV3 at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I'd imagine one of the main reasons they're not showing Good Morning Britain is that theyd have to run live news bulletins during it. Might be something they may look at down the road seeing as they evidently can air ITV Breakfast programming (in the shape of Lorraine).

Meanwhile that message confirms that a UTV Player is planned for UPC, but it'll be along later in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CorkMartin

First full weekday listing (Mon 5th Jan):

0630: Teleshopping
    0730: Loose Women
    0830: Lorraine

0925: The Jeremy Kyle Show
    1030: This Morning
    1055: UTV Ireland Weather
    1100: This Morning

1230: Loose Women
    1330: The Chase
    1430: The Jeremy Kyle Show
    1530: Judge Rinder

1630: Fat Pets - Slimmer of the Year
    1730: The Chase
    1830: UTV Ireland Live
    1900: Emmerdale

1930: Coronation Street
    2000: Rare Breed: A Farming Year
    2100: Doc Martin
    2200: Ireland Live at 10

2300: James May's Toy Stories
    0015: Teleshopping

I think it's a disappointing line-up, and the easy option with Teleshopping just after midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

CorkMartin wrote: »
    First full weekday listing (Mon 5th Jan):

0630: Teleshopping
    0730: Loose Women
    0830: Lorraine

0925: The Jeremy Kyle Show
    1030: This Morning
    1055: UTV Ireland Weather
    1100: This Morning

1230: Loose Women
    1330: The Chase
    1430: The Jeremy Kyle Show
    1530: Judge Rinder

1630: Fat Pets - Slimmer of the Year
    1730: The Chase
    1830: UTV Ireland Live
    1900: Emmerdale

1930: Coronation Street
    2000: Rare Breed: A Farming Year
    2100: Doc Martin
    2200: Ireland Live at 10

2300: James May's Toy Stories
    0015: Teleshopping

I think it's a disappointing line-up, and the easy option with Teleshopping just after midnight.

Give it time and the lineup should get better.

I remember Tv3's lineup when it was launched back in the nineties and it was bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Very disappointing schedule. It's basically iTV's schedule apart from news and the odd home produced programmes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

mikeym wrote: »

I remember Tv3's lineup when it was launched back in the nineties and it was bad.

Oh, well thank God TV3 has gotten soooo much better.......:rolleyes:

mikeym wrote: »

To me it looks like they have done very few deals outside the ITV programmes they have bought in. It shows a major lack of understanding to the Irish audience. Ireland LIVE won't rate, it could have been a good service had they gone for an hour with international news coming from ITN thus keeping that service available to viewers on UPC.

It needs quality US programming to support its British programming. Daytime line up will increase in audience but won't be significant with Irish audiences, though Daytime shouldn't be all that important.

But over all it looks not too dissimilar to TV3 in Jan 2014.

They'd be better of repeating the soaps in the morning rather than Teleshopping. Surprising that they aren't repeating Coro St and Emmerdale as much as TV3 do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

To be fair, that is week 1. If they are still like that in April, I will be disappointed.

I]I will probably be disappointed anyway![/I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Can't say there's anything on that schedule I'm likely to watch other than maybe give the news a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Given that the Ireland Live early evening bulletin is on at 6:30, I can't see it eating into the Six-One audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

fairly poor alright. apart from emmerdale and corrie there is not much that would keep the audience there after all the hype. there is no point in spending a fortune on news at 10 pm when most people will be watching primetime at the same time.

Is UTV Ireland able to have Irish rights to show the relaunched Star in Their Eyes with Harry Hill next month because UTV NI are showing it by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭formerly scottish paddy

Well nothing there to worry RTÉ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Well nothing there to worry RTÉ.
    Certainly not initially at least.. It will probably be good enough to become Irelands second most watched channel though.

Advertisement