Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Thats crap.

Theres loads of programmes that I heard utv Ireland wont be showing like broadchurch and downton abbey!!!

Also Coronation Street won't be the same at all without Julian Simmons commentary.

TV3 have those programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Elmo wrote: »
    TV3 have those programmes.

Tv3 lose the soaps

efb wrote: »
    Tv3 lose the soaps

I meant broadchurch and downton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I meant broadchurch and downton

Will hold on to my magic card so!!

jca wrote: »
    Will hold on to my magic card so!!

Magic card?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

we might take this back to UTV before anyone breaks the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Magic card?

It's a UK card I bought that allows the sky+ features. You'll see them on adverts. Mine is an itv granada card. I think it's pot luck on what the seller has available at the time as to what region you get.

Discussion of buying and selling Sky digital viewing cards is not permitted. These cards are not people's to buy or sell - they remain the property of Sky at all times.

Back to UTV please

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

icdg wrote: »
    Discussion of buying and selling Sky digital viewing cards is not permitted. These cards are not people's to buy or sell - they remain the property of Sky at all times.

Back to UTV please

Here here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

I take it this also means the end of the ITV news from London?

On UTV Ireland it is. Although it will never have been on there in the first place.

Do we know whether any of the programmes they are making for UTVI will appear on UTV in NI? Lesser Spotted Journeys for example? Or that new sports programme they're doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I take it this also means the end of the ITV news from London?

Get a free to air box and you'll have all the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 regions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

madmaggie wrote: »
    Get a free to air box and you'll have all the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 regions. :)

You get the following digital satellite channels Free-To-Air:
    BBC One, BBC 2, BBC Three, BBC Four, CBeebies, CBBC
    UTV (NI)
    STV (Scotland)
    itv Wales (Wales)
    itv, citv, itv 2, itv3, itv4, itvbe
    itv+1, itv2+1, itv3+1, itv4+1
    Channel4, Channel 4+1
    E4, E4+1
    More4, More4+1
    Film4, Film4+1
    4seven
    Channel 5, Channel 5+1, Channel 5+24
    5*, 5*+1
    5USA, 5USA+1
    Pick, Pick+1
    Challenge, Challenge+1
    CBS Reality, CBS Reality+1
    CBS Action
    CBS Drama
    SKY News
    BBC News channel
    CNBC Europe
    CNN International
    Bloomberg
    Euronews
    France24
    Al Jazeera english
    ARISE News
    True Movies, True Movies 2,
    True Entertainment
    Movies4Men
    Music video channels
    etc;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Forgot to post this when I spotted it on Xmas Eve but the edition of Radio Times 3 to 9 Jan 2015 lists UTV Ireland in the regional variations column that they use in the Northern Ireland edition to list RTE1,RTE2 and TV3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

most if not all people in Dublin should be able to receive UTV Ni through an aerial with FreeView reception strong down the eastern coastal counties as far as south Dublin/north Wicklow. ITV Wales should kick in south of this line? This might be a decent solution if one is not allowed install a satellite dish at their apartment etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ITV2 wrote: »

some of UTV Irelands promo videos running on Saorview channel 6.

To be fair to UTV Ireland those promo videos showing various parts of Ireland are shot/filmed really well and look great in HD. Judging from channel presentation on the promo it looks well ahead of TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,560 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm slightly, just slightly, surprised they aren't providing some kind of news programme on weekends. UTV in the North provides a ten minute news programme in the early evening. It's pretty brief and nothing fantastic about it, but I thought UTV Ireland would have done the same.

I am really suspicious over their long term commitment to the 90 minutes of news they are providing on week days. How long will that last?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

It is not even day one yet, so give them a chance. Their newsroom has not even produced its first bulletin.

After the first month, they should have settled their news output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

I'm slightly, just slightly, surprised they aren't providing some kind of news programme on weekends. UTV in the North provides a ten minute news programme in the early evening. It's pretty brief and nothing fantastic about it, but I thought UTV Ireland would have done the same.

I am really suspicious over their long term commitment to the 90 minutes of news they are providing on week days. How long will that last?

That's ITN News though. UTV Live, with news from NI, is not on over the weekend.

It is not even day one yet, so give them a chance. Their newsroom has not even produced its first bulletin.

After the first month, they should have settled their news output.

I'm just thinking of TV3. They came out at the beginning with a decent enough news service and they gradually reduced their output as the years went on. They never seriously challenged RTE in terms of news coverage.

It would be nice to see a decent competitor to RTE television news for a change, like the way ITN provided a choice for British people over the BBC. I hope UTV Ireland provide a decent election programme too. It's just amazing that RTE is the only tv station that does election programmes in Ireland.

And TV 3's Vincent Browne programme the last time doesn't count!

That's ITN News though. UTV Live, with news from NI, is not on over the weekend.

Nope there is a 15 minute slot on Saturdays and Sundays for 'local' news programmes on ITV before their ITN early evening news at around 6.30 PM. UTV gives a 10 minute news summary with sports results and local weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I'm just thinking of TV3. They came out at the beginning with a decent enough news service and they gradually reduced their output as the years went on. They never seriously challenged RTE in terms of news coverage.

It would be nice to see a decent competitor to RTE television news for a change, like the way ITN provided a choice for British people over the BBC. I hope UTV Ireland provide a decent election programme too. It's just amazing that RTE is the only tv station that does election programmes in Ireland.

And TV 3's Vincent Browne programme the last time doesn't count!

The big difference is that BBC does not show advertisements leaving all of that potential income to ITV, simply put no one can compete with RTE on news coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Nope there is a 15 minute slot on Saturdays and Sundays for 'local' news programmes on ITV before their ITN early evening news at around 6.30 PM. UTV gives a 10 minute news summary with sports results and local weather.

Ok, happy to stand corrected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Thats crap.

Also Coronation Street won't be the same at all without Julian Simmons commentary.

I think UTV Ireland were looking for someone to introduce the soaps.

For anyone unfamiliar with Julian heres a video of the man in action.

There doesnt seem to be much on this Sunday on UTV Ireland but thats my opinion.

They will have in vision continuity like UTV. But no Julian Simmons (the last in vision continuity announcer left in the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I won't even describe how much I hate that Julian Simmons s.hite :( .. Thank merciful God he won't be in on UTVI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

The lineup is poor really with a lot of filler programmes to replace the stuff they dont have the rights to. Once February comes expect a lot of people querying with UPC why they cant see champions league on UTV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭BowWow

irishfeen wrote: »
    I won't even describe how much I hate that Julian Simmons s.hite :( .. Thank merciful God he won't be in on UTVI.

He's the reason we use a London postcode on Freesat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I am looking forward to this new channel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

icdg wrote: »
    They will have in vision continuity like UTV. But no Julian Simmons (the last in vision continuity announcer left in the UK).
    You forgot about Gillian Porter. It would be more accurate to say that UTV is the last ITV Network franchise holder to have in-vision continuity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

I doubt that UPC customers will lose much in terms of international news with regard to UTV Ireland because they'll still have the Sky and BBC news channels, Euronews and CNN International. They'll also still have Channel 4 News, which, like ITV News, is produced by ITN.

Advertisement