Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭George White

A different schedule, movie-wise. ITV kids programs dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The McFly cube episode is on Saturday. Should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

ITV hasn't shown kids programmes for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Not great so far but will watch some programs on it. Will also be watching the ni utv as well. Might be good for the programs that tv3 did not show, which can now be recorded on sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Neeson wrote: »
    The McFly cube episode is on Saturday. Should be good.

Yeah can't wait too. It was even better when TV3 showed it 5 times and UTV showed it 3 times and ITV2 showed it numerous more times.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Is there no news on tomorrow?

iseegirls wrote: »
    Yeah can't wait too. It was even better when TV3 showed it 5 times and UTV showed it 3 times and ITV2 showed it numerous more times.

The logo is better here though. And there'll be different adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭George White

ITV hasn't shown kids programmes for years.
    They still have weekend schedules and Christmas schedules on UTV NI . UTV IRELAND won't be showing them tomorrow or on Sat/Sun. Instead, 60 minute makeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

lertsnim wrote: »
    Seriously yes, I am complaining about the DOG. Compare the UTV DOG in
    Northern Ireland with the UTV Ireland DOG. Which one is better?

As for content, I always knew it would be rubbish.

Checked 2 TVs and part of the 'U' of the DOG is off the screen a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

Shouldn't UTV have had a better schedule for its launch - it may have been a good idea to had a live UTV News broadcast to get the ball rolling having to wait until Monday wasn't a great idea... possible schedule

06:55 - Channel Launch Promo
    Corona's Song With Random Images

07:00 - UTV Ireland Live
    Alison Comyn brings you your first broadcast of the latest news stories making the headlines in Ireland and around the world on the first day of 2015.

07:30 - Emmerdale
    A Soap we stole from TV3 :P

08:30 - Out With The Old In With The U
    A 'new' face to Irish TV Pat Kenny looks at the best moments of 2014 and what's ahead on the new channel UTV Ireland.

09:00 - The Dark Knight (2008)
    A movie about Batman which has been shown on RTÉ 2, TV3 and TG4 many many times.

00:00 - ITN News & Headlines

00:30 Close
    We couldn't be bothered showing you anything else but at least you get us for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Btw ICDG sort-of foretold this over 10 years ago.

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/rumours.htm

This greasy fooker. Great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 liddypool

I hope they will at least spare us the sight of those degrading flirty girls looking for fun and fingering themselves at 2 in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Are they going to broadcast at a better definition than 576i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

This Pat Kenny programme is brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Shouldn't UTV have had a better schedule for its launch - it may have been a good idea to had a live UTV News broadcast to get the ball rolling having to wait until Monday wasn't a great idea... possible schedule

06:55 - Channel Launch Promo
    Corona's Song With Random Images

07:00 - UTV Ireland Live
    Alison Comyn brings you your first broadcast of the latest news stories making the headlines in Ireland and around the world on the first day of 2015.

07:30 - Emmerdale
    A Soap we stole from TV3 :P

08:30 - Out With The Old In With The U
    A 'new' face to Irish TV Pat Kenny looks at the best moments of 2014 and what's ahead on the new channel UTV Ireland.

09:00 - The Dark Knight (2008)
    A movie about Batman which has been shown on RTÉ 2, TV3 and TG4 many many times.

00:00 - ITN News & Headlines

00:30 Close
    We couldn't be bothered showing you anything else but at least you get us for free.

Funny you should say that because that movie in bold is being shown on ITV and ITV HD right now.

Back on topic though, do viewers find it odd that UTV Ireland does not offer a MHEG-5 Teletext service for their channel. I checked it for teletext myself while it was on Saorview and no text came up at all. UTV Ireland is probably the only channel on Saorview not providing that service as all the other channels have it because the only broadcaster that does it well is RTE.

Happy New Year folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

I just checked out the UTV Player. 4, yes four, ads before the programme starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

UPC's facebook page is bombarded with posts from unhappy customers who want the old UTV back.

Theres nothing UPC can do im afriaid.

mikeym wrote: »
    UPC's facebook page is bombarded with posts from unhappy customers who want the old UTV back.

Bombarded? I counted circa 24, including requests to bring back ITV1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

mikeym wrote: »

Why is there nothing they can do?
    I dont understand why not?

I still have UTV 2,3 and 4.
    Why could they not keep UTV 1 even in a new location, and add utvirl.

Is there a definitive reason why you say there is nothing UPC can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Why is there nothing they can do?
    I dont understand why not?

Is there a definitive reason why you say there is nothing UPC can do.

The consensus is that it's to avoid splitting the viewership between the 2 channels in order to maximise UTVI's ad rates. It wasn't an UPC decision afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Because UTV Ireland have exclusive broadcast rights in ROI and no longer let UPC broadcast UTV NI. Sky never had UTV, nor did Eircom Evision so it didnt affect them.

UTV Ireland have also secured Exclusive ROI rights to Corrie and Emmerdale so TV3 can no longer play them or supply them on UPC's catchup service.

There are no ads on UPC catchup service and TONS on UTV player..... Money money money..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You have ITV2, 3 and 4 which is a deal UPC have made with ITV. ITV do not own UTV so the fact that those channels remain is irrelevant. There is no chance of ITV1 launching on UPC as both UTV Ireland and TV3 own the rights to probably 90% of the ITV1 schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I just checked out the UTV Player. 4, yes four, ads before the programme starts.

Odd, I saw no ads at all.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Odd, I saw no ads at all.

I was using the iPhone, not sure if that makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

All kids programmes previously shown on weekday afternoons on the ITV network along with UTV and STV were transferred across to a different channel dedicated to children's entertainment some years ago. The channel is called "CITV" and would directly compete with the likes of both the BBC tv children's channels: CBeebies and CBBC and here in Ireland it would be an alternative to RTÉjr/TRTÉ.

CITV (originally known as Children's ITV) broadcasts daily from 06:00am to 6:00pm but is not on the SKY Digital Ireland epg but it can still be manually added by entering in the satellite frequency 10758 V 22000 5/6 and selecting the appropriate channel and saving it. Once saved correctly you should then find it under "Other Channels" on a SKY Digibox.

lertsnim wrote: »
    You have ITV2, 3 and 4 which is a deal UPC have made with ITV. ITV do not own UTV so the fact that those channels remain is irrelevant. There is no chance of ITV1 launching on UPC as both UTV Ireland and TV3 own the rights to probably 90% of the ITV1 schedule.

They dropped the brand name ITV1 some time ago. This channel name reverted to just simply itv and it's time shift channel itv+1. Those other itv channels retained their existing names (i.e.) itv2, itv2+1, itv3, itv3+1, itv4, itv4+1, citv, itvbe. itv encore is exclusively available to Sky Digital subscribers within the UK only as this is an encrypted channel unlike all other itv channels at this time.

Because UTV Ireland have exclusive broadcast rights in ROI and no longer let UPC broadcast UTV NI. Sky never had UTV, nor did Eircom Evision so it didnt affect them.

UTV Ireland have also secured Exclusive ROI rights to Corrie and Emmerdale so TV3 can no longer play them or supply them on UPC's catchup service.

There are no ads on UPC catchup service and TONS on UTV player..... Money money money..

I suspect you meant Sky Ireland never had UTV here in the Republic of Ireland? I understand that UTV from Belfast has been available on Sky Digital Channel No: 103 on the EPG for those based in the six counties.

Those in the Republic of Ireland had to manually add UTV and access it via "Other Channels" on a Sky Digibox which has the disadvantage of not being able to use the SKY Plus recording facility. Unlike UPC customers, Free-To-Air satellite tv viewers /Sky Digital viewers may still continue to receive UTV from Belfast via the "Other Channels" option even after the launch of UTV Ireland on 01/01/2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Racket wrote: »
    Pretty sure that guide puts the HD tag on everything that's on a HD channel, no matter the source material.

,only HD source material gets tagged as HD on the Sky guide,don't know how the UPC guide works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

So is it no longer possible to watch UTV NI or ITV in Republic on UPC? What about the This Morning Show!! Lol

Advertisement