Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lertsnim wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with BBC Newsline but I would be in favour of a rebroadcast of a BBC World News bulletin on RTÉ News Now.

They could always do that as well. Always find it starange that a news report from the Swedish town of Ytterby can appears on Irish news but a news report about job layoffs in Nerwy "just doesn't interest me/those of us south of the boarder"

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

BBC World News is available for free on UPC and on Astra throughout Ireland and the rest of Europe, before people go on a rant about Euronews being available on RTÉ News Now. RTÉ has shares in Euronews. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

BBC News is available FTA on 28.2 but BBC World News is not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BBC World News is available for free on UPC and on Astra throughout Ireland and the rest of Europe, before people go on a rant about Euronews being available on RTÉ News Now. RTÉ has shares in Euronews. ;)

I was sure those shares were sold a few years back?

All that is fine but as a channel RTÉ News Now has other content that it could use to improve the channel. RTÉ News Now.

You can't honestly say that RTÉ News Now would dis-improve if it started airing news programmed from other channels, ABC Australia's Four Corners, PBS's NewsHour, BBC's Newsnight, TVNZ's Sunday etc while also taking the enlish lanuage translations of some news reports from Public Service Broadcasters across Europe from EuroNews.

EuroNews is available 24hours 7days on UPC, Sky and FTA. While also simulcast nightly on RTÉ ONE, 2 and News Now.

BBC World News is not available for free on UPC, nothing on UPC is available for Free.

But this is about UTV Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Indeed it is.... (hint hint)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

Yes this trend is about UTV Ireland... I'm really hoping they'll start showing Good Morning Germany please pretty please or maybe TVP News

Yes this trend is about UTV Ireland... I'm really hoping they'll start showing Good Morning Germany please pretty please or maybe TVP News

Michael Wilson said on his Twitter account that there is going to be an announcement very soon regarding the breakfast show, in answer to questions about GMB.

No further discussion of the potential relaying of any news programme not commissioned for the ITV Network on this thread. It is gone into trolling territory now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

On Digiguide - Good Morning Britain is now on from 2nd February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

ITN News on Utv Ireland on Upc has series link! I hope they are starting to learn from their mistakes.

Nothing personal but the continuity announcers should go. The closer they can get to relaying exactly UTV the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Nothing personal but the continuity announcers should go. The closer they can get to relaying exactly UTV the better.

I've only seen them once. I thought they had already gotten rid. The poor girl was like a deer caught in headlights.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    ITN News on Utv Ireland on Upc has series link! I hope they are starting to learn from their mistakes.

The one who announces The Bletchley Circle as bellechly is really annoying, it's been on for three weeks now and why hasn't anybody corrected her about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

irishfeen wrote: »
    Has ITV news been broadcast over the last few weekends on UTVI? .. First time I have noticed it scheduled for this evening.
    No ITN News tonight,
    What is going on with their EPG. this is not the first time. even in the morning is UTV Ireland weather during This Morning at 10.55 - 11.00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Souriau wrote: »
    NO ITN News tonight,
    What is going on with their EPG. this is not the first time. even in the morning is UTV Ireland weather during This Moring at 10.55 - 11.00
    So there was no ITV news even though it was on the EPG?? Very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CorkMartin

So there was no ITV news even though it was on the EPG?? Very strange!

I checked the EPG on Sky and also on Saorview and ITV news definitely listed on both for 10.20pm. What the heck is going on?

CorkMartin wrote: »
    I checked the EPG on Sky and also on Saorview and ITV news definitely listed on both for 10.20pm. What the heck is going on?
    And it definately wasn't on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

And it definately wasn't on?

Definitely not.

Definitely not.
    Very strange altogether.

Somebody must have got the UTV's mixed up when sending out the EPG data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Utv Ireland -all the hype -turning into car crash Television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Honestly have not even watched it yet and I barely even glance at their schedule these days as there is invariably nothing on. I do not watch the brain dead TV soaps and anything interesting on ITV (of which there is little) I can watch on freesat.

iseegirls wrote: »
    On Digiguide - Good Morning Britain is now on from 2nd February.

On UPC's EPG now too (go to Sunday next and manually scroll forward). I think we can take that as more or less confirmed so. Good news but we'll have to see how they handle the regional news bulletin slots.

UTV Ireland's daytime schedule will be now more or less (ITN and Mel and Sue notwithstanding) the same as ITV's now. Prime time of course is where most people watch and I think the best think UTV Ireland could do now there is stop the repeats and simulcast all ITV Studios shows with the ITV network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

icdg wrote: »
    On UPC's EPG now too (go to Sunday next and manually scroll forward). I think we can take that as more or less confirmed so. Good news but we'll have to see how they handle the regional news bulletin slots.

There probably wouldn't be too much outcry if they carried UTVNI regional bulletins during that
    What do they do during this morning when it's time for the mid morning ITN bulletin and the UK weather?
    Have they welcomed viewers in the Republic yet or acknowledged them at all? I know quizzes and give a ways are excluded but are we allowed call in to their agony aunt etc for example which is an important part of that show Iirc?

UTVI badly need big rights now over the next 18 months to survive - they really should have went all out to beat TV3 to CL rights.

Even the lack of quality films is killing them, i wouldn't be surprised if they went big for live 3pm Premier League games/highlights package when the next round of bidding starts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

UTVI badly need big rights now over the next 18 months to survive - they really should have went all out to beat TV3 to CL rights.

Even the lack of quality films is killing them, i wouldn't be surprised if they went big for live 3pm Premier League games/highlights package when the next round of bidding starts.

live 3pm Premier League games/highlights package won't be bid for in the future as repeats of soaps gets more viewers than the 3pm live games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I dont understand their reasoning with some of the programmes they put on in primetime. They will really struggle in the autumn if they put ancient gameshows on up against the xfactor.
    It seems they are costcutting already before the station is even a month old and not investing in good programmes other than the itvstudios stuff and even then they arent running the latest seasons of them, instead using the excuse that they have not been licenced before so are giving people a chance to catch up. They wont- they will just watch tv3 or rte instead if they cant watch the new series on UTVHD on Sky or a free to air combi box.

I remember people saying channel 5 wouldn't last 6 months when it launched. Give UTVI time. As rights become available I have no doubt they will get some of them.

ftakeith wrote: »
    live 3pm Premier League games/highlights package won't be bid for in the future as repeats of soaps gets more viewers than the 3pm live games
    Have you got figures to back this up? .. what kind of viewership did United or Liverpool get when it was on RTÉ at 3pm?

You cannot compare Setanta's figures to that of a FTA broadcaster - UTVI would get big viewership with United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, City matches ... much much more then a subscription broadcaster.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I remember people saying channel 5 wouldn't last 6 months when it launched. Give UTVI time. As rights become available I have no doubt they will get some of them.
    C5 is fairly crap for the most part though..

• Advertisement

ftakeith wrote: »

It's the only big sports rights available to them at the moment, GAA has been talked about but is tied up until 2017.

Advertisement