Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

irishfeen wrote: »
    Big fight for UTVI .. I would assume any new sports rights ITV pick up in the absence CL, F1, FA Cup etc. will be picked up by UTVI.

I'd put good money on that mate, they need more sports rights that appeal mostly to the male viewer imo....

Lets be honest the soaps they have attract a majority of female viewers I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

icdg wrote: »
    To take this back to UTV, the Frampton v Avalos fight will air on UTV Ireland:

http://utv.ie/Sport/2015/02/18/UTV-Ireland-to-air-Framptons-Bantamweight-Challenge-31957

Superb rights to net there, the guy is going places and traditionally Boxing pulls in a vast array of viewership in their droves - especially on national tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Fair to say they'll have their largest non-soap audience tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fair to say they'll have their largest non-soap audience tonight?

Yep. Its the only show that I have a desire to watch in the coming months on UTV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Yep. Its the only show that I have a desire to watch in the coming months on UTV.
    your right there, bit of a let down so far.
    hope the fight is good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

seems jonathan ross is not being simulcast now. Its moved to Wednesday. A quick look at their peak schedule this weeks shows a lot of gaps(arthur, DCI Banks, etc) from the ITV network. I have to say having a free to air system really has its benifits especially on Saturday night with the fight I could watch UTVHD instead of UTVIRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

seems jonathan ross is not being simulcast now. Its moved to Wednesday. A quick look at their peak schedule this weeks shows a lot of gaps(arthur, DCI Banks, etc) from the ITV network. I have to say having a free to air system really has its benifits especially on Saturday night with the fight I could watch UTVHD instead of UTVIRL.

I think they moved Jonathan Ross to Wednesday because they were showing a boxing doc before the fight on Saturday night. They possibly couldn't broadcast JR before it aired on ITV, so had GN put in there instead. Although if the schedule is the same next week, then that's my theory gone.

Doesn't help viewers though - just frustrates them with shows moving around.

I see they've added the soap repeats in the afternoon too.

iseegirls wrote: »
    I think they moved Jonathan Ross to Wednesday because they were showing a boxing doc before the fight on Saturday night. They possibly couldn't broadcast JR before it aired on ITV, so had GN put in there instead. Although if the schedule is the same next week, then that's my theory gone.

Doesn't help viewers though - just frustrates them with shows moving around.

I see they've added the soap repeats in the afternoon too.

I see on Twitter that they have confirmed to someone the the JR show will be on Wed from now on. Strange decision. they obviously dont have (or wouldnt buy ) the DCI banks rights, which is made by Left Bank Pictures.

DCI Banks looks to be distributed by BBC Worldwide, I think RTÉ have broadcast the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

I see on Twitter that they have confirmed to someone the the JR show will be on Wed from now on. Strange decision. they obviously dont have (or wouldnt buy ) the DCI banks rights, which is made by Left Bank Pictures.

Their weekend schedule is particularly poor. Repeats galore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Their weekend schedule is particularly poor. Repeats galore.

UTV ireland and TV3 after 3 months are terrible

Once again I predict the merger/takeover between tv3/utv ireland in the next 12 months

I can see 'red rock' been aired after the UK soaps in the next 12 months on the new merged/takeover tv channel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any word on the boxing viewership from last Saturday night on UTVI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

What boxing?
    There was more advertising going on...

Any word on the boxing viewership from last Saturday night on UTVI?

Apparently, 457k North of the Border, you'd expect 200-300k for the Republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Souriau wrote: »
    What boxing?
    There was more advertising going on...

An ad between rounds is all. What did you expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The lack of a press release today might mean the ratings weren't as high as expected.

iseegirls wrote: »
    The lack of a press release today might mean the ratings weren't as high as expected.
    That's what I was thinking too..

That's what I was thinking too..

107,000 according to MediaLive, so even Ant and Dec rated higher.

in the UK it got around1.1 million with a 1.9 million peak. not bad but nothing to set the ratings on fire, when the average ratings for that time of the night are 980k.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/the-voice-recovers-from-series-low/5083776.article

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

107,000 according to MediaLive, so even Ant and Dec rated higher.

Sounds pretty good for 11pm on a Saturday night though?

As I said on DS to put the main fight on after 11pm was ridiculous from ITV/the promoters .. 9-10pm was the time it should have been.

As I said on DS to put the main fight on after 11pm was ridiculous from ITV/the promoters .. 9-10pm was the time it should have been.
    They couldnt as tyson fury was fighting at 10pm on Boxnation-so they wont clash. Frank Warren already has expressed his dissasisfaction with the fact that the BBBC had sanctioned two fights in the UK on the same night and I expect the 11pm start was the reason for that.

They couldnt as tyson fury was fighting at 10pm on Boxnation-so they wont clash. Frank Warren already has expressed his dissasisfaction with the fact that the BBBC had sanctioned two fights in the UK on the same night and I expect the 11pm start was the reason for that.
    Ah ok I didn't know that, I knew their had to be a reason because it's very rare that a big fight would go that late.. The viewing figures suggest it was an hour too late.

Any figures for UK ITV viewershp??

Ah ok I didn't know that, I knew their had to be a reason because it's very rare that a big fight would go that late.. The viewing figures suggest it was an hour too late.

Any figures for UK ITV viewershp??

see my previous post with the link to figures. 1.1 million average.

see my previous post with the link to figures. 1.1 million average.
    Ah sorry, on phone here in work so missed it .. 100k in Ireland actually isn't bad considering ITV only got a million more. As I said the time was off putting to say the least for the casual viewer.

Ah sorry, on phone here in work so missed it .. 100k in Ireland actually isn't bad considering ITV only got a million more. As I said the time was off putting to say the least for the casual viewer.

Nearly 50% from NI

Elmo wrote: »
    Nearly 50% from NI
    So only ~600k from the rest of the UK??

So only ~600k from the rest of the UK??

Yeah around 600k in Britain watched, around the same watched in Ireland. UTV nearly had the same audience as its ITV in England and Wales. Wonder how it did on STV.

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah around 600k in Britain watched, around the same watched in Ireland. UTV nearly had the same audience as its ITV in England and Wales. Wonder how it did on STV.
    I don't think ITV will be happy with that - UTVI 100k looks very respectable compared with that

Advertisement