Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ITV Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

. I can understand why people are confused - last year you could watch everything on UTV (and for decades previously) but this year UTVI no longer has the rights to show most of the ITV schedule..

In fact it has the rights to show the vast majority of the ITV schedule, once news and sports are taken out. (and likely there would be no problem with it showing the news if it wanted to and was willing to pay ITN). Most days the daytime schedule is nearly identical to ITV. Unfortunately it happens that the programmes it doesn't have the rights to are the ones people most want to see.

But there are days - and today is one of them - when it can show most ITV programmes. It's schedule tonight between 7:00pm-10:00pm is exactly the same as UTV NI (albeit that includes one "regional" programme).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lertsnim wrote: »
    Who said anything about showing it at the same time?

Generally TV3 would simulcast big ITV shows, you know like X-Factor. This for many people would negate the need for UTV proper. And I quote TV3
    Downton Abbey continues to be a massive success for TV3 and our Irish audience can’t get enough of it, so we are thrilled to be taking it again for another series. I am not surprised that it has been re-commissioned for a sixth series as it has proven to be a worldwide phenomenon. I have no doubt that the next series will have even more twists and turns, high-stakes drama and romance as the last five, and I look forward to bringing TV3 viewers more of what they love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Elmo wrote: »
    Generally TV3 would simulcast big ITV shows, you know like X-Factor. This for many people would negate the need for UTV proper. And I quote TV3

I don't see what that has to do with what I posted. ftakeith read my post arse ways and I simply corrected him.

I don't see what that has to do with what I posted. ftakeith read my post arse ways and I simply corrected him.

I think ftakeith is pointing out the general situation that when TV3 do show an ITV "on the same night" as ITV that it is also shown during the same hour. According to him they can't show it at the same time due to rights. I doubt this since in some previous seasons DA has been shown at the same time as ITV on TV3.

In the same way many people are pointing to the fact they used to watch DA on UTV proper, though that was just a defacto situation from spillover. They are missing the point that TV3 hold the rights and choose their schedule.

I would ask him for a reference to where that was ever stated in TV3's Downton Abbey contract but on previous experience I wouldn't get an answer and he would disappear for a week so what's the point.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I would ask him for a reference to where that was ever stated in TV3's Downton Abbey contract but on previous experience I wouldn't get an answer and he would disappear for a week so what's the point.

ITV has the right to show DA before TV3
    its not like ITV/tv3/channel5 simulcasting x factor and big brother

on a side issue UPC TV subscribers have ITV london while in Ireland its utv ireland
    as my sister watched DA last night in rural switzerland

ftakeith wrote: »

on a side issue UPC TV subscribers have ITV london while in Ireland its utv ireland
    as my sister watched DA last night in rural switzerland

Again you'd need to show where you have this information from. TV3 have been very quiet while UTV Ireland fail to be able to pass the blame to UPC Ireland or TV3.

Again this completely misses the point I made. I never said anything about it being shown at the same time. But seeing as you keep bringing it up what is your source?

Switzerland apparently allows cable companies to relay any free to air satellite service available in the country. It's not in the EU, so it can do what it likes really in this regard.

I see the iOS UTV Player app has been updated with a live stream option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭kooga

as upc suisse is mentioned quite a lot here is their tv channel line up

kooga wrote: »
    as upc suisse is mentioned quite a lot here is there tv channel line up

ITV4's live sport is not blocked out and its ITV London

UPC Broadband is much better in rural parts of zurich near the alps

UTV launching their autumn schedule or Coro St, Emmers and I'm A Celebrity reminds me of TV3 launches of old.

UTV launching their autumn schedule or Coro St, Emmers and I'm A Celebrity reminds me of TV3 launches of old.

Is there any other new programmes on the Autumn schedule?

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Is there any other new programmes on the Autumn schedule?

Lorraine Keane is to present a Music interview show, similar to Planet Rock Profiles, I guess except not with either Tom Dunne or Dave Fanning thus more like Planet Rock meets Xpose meets Imelda May! It has too work.

No press release and very little in the newspapers about the new schedule.

RWC just extended summer for all of the Irish channels.

Anyone know if UTV Ireland aired ITV2's behind the scenes programming for the Coro St Live programme?

The more interesting part of that is that they are bringing the Insight format South.

icdg wrote: »
    The more interesting part of that is that they are bringing the Insight format South.

And the 5:30 news seems to have increased its audience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

And the 5:30 news seems to have increased its audience

Don't think it has. The rating in the article relates to the hour long Ireland Live that's at 10 which averages 40,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm not sure I see the point in having two presenters for their 10 bulletin in the first place. That being said, Alison isn't great. I wonder how long UTV will hold onto her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Can't say I blame him. When it was first announced I thought it couldn't last long as it's pretty big demand on the body and mind. He couldn't be getting much sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

I notice ITV national weather after all news bulletins, not just during gmb,is doing the weather for all of Ireland now

I notice ITV national weather after all news bulletins, not just during gmb,is doing the weather for all of Ireland now

Maybe the UTV buyout is nearly done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

iseegirls wrote: »

I can't see UTV bringing Pat in for any special election coverage as I doubt UTVI will do much for it.

Unless TV3 want Kenny for something, it looks like his tv career is over for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

iseegirls wrote: »

Why would they tell him? They told the production company that he works for. He didn't work directly for UTVI. Its the production company that didn't tell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭satguy

Poor old Pat might have some spare on his hands,, all his neighbours might have to keep an eye on their gardens for a while..

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Why would they tell him? They told the production company that he works for. He didn't work directly for UTVI. Its the production company that didn't tell him

UTV contracted him and sought the production company after signing him up. Coco where asked for a show that he could present. He should have been told by UTV either before or at the same time as Coco, but it wasn't a job for Coco.

• Advertisement

I can't see UTV bringing Pat in for any special election coverage as I doubt UTVI will do much for it.

UTV Ireland will have full coverage of the Budget up 6pm and then their usual 10pm News.

Advertisement