Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Unregister iMessage

• 10-11-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Might be useful for some. It's now possible to unregister for iMessage even if you don't have the phone anymore.
    Useful if you forgot to switch it off when you changed phones or with general iMessage troubles (I assume you can just switch it back on afterwards in that case).
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Pretty useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't understand why you'd need this? Why would you willing move away from iPhone?*

*I'm kind of half joking / half serious btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

don't understand why you'd need this? Why would you willing move away from iPhone?*

*I'm kind of half joking / half serious btw

Well said :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭try

This service could be related to upcoming court case

http://www.fxcentre.com/news.asp?3232771

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

My iMessages aren't working at the moment and I've literally spent the entire day trying to find a solution...my face hurts :(

Does anybody know if you de-register your number, can you then re-register it? I'm clutching at straws here, first-world problems I know but it's really wrecking my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

tradhead wrote: »
    My iMessages aren't working at the moment and I've literally spent the entire day trying to find a solution...my face hurts :(

Does anybody know if you de-register your number, can you then re-register it? I'm clutching at straws here, first-world problems I know but it's really wrecking my head!

https://www.apple.com/ie/support/systemstatus/

Thanks for that but unfortunately it still hasn't fixed itself :(

I think it's going back to the weekend when I changed my iCloud password, it seems to have messed everything up now. I've tried literally everything I could find online to try and fix it and eventually even completely reset the phone this morning but no luck. I've never had any problem like this before and the phone is just out of warranty (by a month)- is there anywhere I can take it to have it looked at?

Apologies if this should be somewhere else, I'm just desperate at this stage, it's so annoying!

What exactly happens? Is it not activating? What mobile provider are you with?

Just figured it out...I'm kicking myself.

Obviously when I changed my iCloud password it somehow disassociated my phone number with my iCloud account. As I'm with 48, I have membership rather than credit so it never dawned on me that the verification message wouldn't be covered under my texts (it's a 25c cost to a UK number and I only have Irish texts). Topped up my account by a euro and lo and behold it's back up and running!

Thanks anyway guys, just gonna go and bury myself in the garden in shame :o

tradhead wrote: »
    Just figured it out...I'm kicking myself.

Obviously when I changed my iCloud password it somehow disassociated my phone number with my iCloud account. As I'm with 48, I have membership rather than credit so it never dawned on me that the verification message wouldn't be covered under my texts (it's a 25c cost to a UK number and I only have Irish texts). Topped up my account by a euro and lo and behold it's back up and running!

Thanks anyway guys, just gonna go and bury myself in the garden in shame :o

Thats why I asked what provider you were with ;) Seen that issue come up with 48 a few times

• Advertisement
Advertisement