Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airfield Point Dunmore East

Options
  • 10-11-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Does anyone have information about this area? Good and bad! Thinking of buying one of the houses here.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lot of empty houses, has the look of an unfinished estate about it really. Probably get more traffic in the county forum though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

I rented a house there about 4-5 years ago. Its a quiet estate. The house i was renting was in the 1st phase and was finished to a high standard. As far as i know the development was completed buy 3 different builders so i can't say what the quality of the later phases is like.
    I think there was also a problem with the sewage system but i know the estate residents committee were trying to get something done about it, so that may have been resolved but i would ask further.
    Over all though it was a nice place to live and only for i was building my own house at the time i would have considered buying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loublue

Hi
    We are considering buying here. We live in Waterford City at the moment and it will be a big change moving to Dunmore. The houses look to be built to a very high standard but we were concerned about the three story house/Apartments they seem to have knocked and would they ever be built again. What was the problem with the sewerage as I have also heard there was a problem with the water...
    Are the first ones better built then the last or do they have more problems?

They are lovely houses and Dunmore would be a nice place to live just a bit concerned about the problems.

How did you find the under floor heating, cost etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

loublue wrote: »
    Hi
    We are considering buying here. We live in Waterford City at the moment and it will be a big change moving to Dunmore. The houses look to be built to a very high standard but we were concerned about the three story house/Apartments they seem to have knocked and would they ever be built again. What was the problem with the sewerage as I have also heard there was a problem with the water...
    Are the first ones better built then the last or do they have more problems?

They are lovely houses and Dunmore would be a nice place to live just a bit concerned about the problems.

How did you find the under floor heating, cost etc?

The under floor heating while its nice to walk around in bare feet, it takes some time to heat and i found it to be slightly more expensive than running radiators. Also the ceilings in the sitting room and entrance hall are very high and can take time to heat fully. We did use the open fire, but a solid fuel stove might be more suitable.

We never had a problem with water, and the sewerage issue was something to do with how the waste was being removed from the estate, but this may be sorted now.

The planning for the apartments has probably lapsed at this stage and would need to be reapplied for.

Dunmore East is a lovely village to live in and people are friendly plus you are only 20-25 mins from the city. Best of luck with your decision.

Advertisement