Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speciality Cakes

• 10-11-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

My father is 80 shortly. I want to order a cake with a few things on it, eg, a bus (he was a bus driver), deck of cards, gardening tools. Went to Zest today and they wouldn't be able to do any of those. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

No suggestions for you but I'm also interested in this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would recommend Fairy Queen in Ballycasey (Shannon) - yummy cakes and they ca do pretty much anything with icing.

Not sure if they have a website but have a Facebook page with zillions of examples of their work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Miss Molly check her on facebook fantastic cakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Miss Molly's near Kilalloe might be able to do cakes like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

sioda wrote: »
    Miss Molly check her on facebook fantastic cakes

Snap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Would recommend Fairy Queen in Ballycasey (Shannon) - yummy cakes and they ca do pretty much anything with icing.

Not sure if they have a website but have a Facebook page with zillions of examples of their work

https://www.facebook.com/TheFairyQueenShannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Rosemary's cakes on Facebook. Excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

GenuineFan wrote: »
    My father is 80 shortly. I want to order a cake with a few things on it, eg, a bus (he was a bus driver), deck of cards, gardening tools. Went to Zest today and they wouldn't be able to do any of those. Any suggestions?

Surprised Zest were unable to help. Found them great to deal with recently, at short notice. They made me a record cake for my mams birthday.

I think if you simplify your design you might get better results?

Like the bus... Think circular - bus stop sign. Round, simple, etc...

Here's what I proposed for the record cake. I designed the centre, and they printed it. The fake record sleeve helped.

854443E1-B3F1-4460-BE7C-7A9F2DD80D4B_zpsuia4agtl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I would second Fairy Queen, We got my mams 50th cake out there and they were excellent in the little details. They even made a small Henry Hoover for the cake as my mam is obsesssed with cleaning and pretty much has her henry hoover with her all the time

The cake was very nice too, often specialty cakes sacrifice taste but not in this case. Really nice to deal with too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

We use Miss Mollys all the time! My 30th, my fiance's 30th, mam and dads 70th's, general cupcake/whoopie pie/cookie/brownie cravings and her cinnamon rolls are to die for!!

Anne is very talented and lovely, she will give any design a go! Check out her facebook page and look at her photos:

https://www.facebook.com/MissMollysBakehouse?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Same Zest had lots of suggestions when i was in there enquiring about a cake with a dog/dog theme on it. Funny - if they had the notice i dont think there was much they were not willing to do.

Advertisement