Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phelim Wood Tullow - Street lights

Options
  • 10-11-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I live in the above estate and we have had no street lights working since last week.
    i checked with Carlow council and they advised the estate is not under their control and is still with the developer, they wrote to him today to advise of the situation.
    Does anyone know if anything else can be done or are well at the mercy of the developer paying the outstanding bill ? (assuming that is why we are cut off)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Ring the esb and report it to them. They normally look after the lights. Or they might be able to tell you what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

I live in the above estate and we have had no street lights working since last week.
    i checked with Carlow council and they advised the estate is not under their control and is still with the developer, they wrote to him today to advise of the situation.
    Does anyone know if anything else can be done or are well at the mercy of the developer paying the outstanding bill ? (assuming that is why we are cut off)

ESB have no involvement in public lights so don't bother wasting your time. The council have a contract with Airtricity to maintain lights in Carlow but not in estates not 'taken in charge'. Get onto your local elected rep and get the place taken in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

The local elected councillor Will Paton said this on his facebook page... "Cllr William Paton With regard to Phelim Wood I have contacted the Area Engineer and he is to contact the developer and ask him to sort out the broken light."

Zeppi

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

I see the Carlow Nationalist has given this story front page news today so maybe after that there might be something done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Electric Ireland cut them off due to a dispute with the developer over payments as the estate has not been taken in charge yet, it's a bloody disgrace to do this at this time of the year to the residents and I would suggest everyone tweets @ElectricIreland and tells them so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If you have a facebook or Twitter account raise it with Electric Ireland, they replied to me on Twitter in DMs but won't deal with me as I am not a resident!

Advertisement