Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Junior Cert: What Short Courses would you like to see?

Options
  • 10-11-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Myself and a group of other trainee teachers in UL are looking to design a short course for the new Junior Cert curriculum, and we were hoping to get some opinions from Junior Cert students about what you'd like to see. We're currently thinking of designing a short course in psychology for Second and Third year students, would this be something you'd be interested in?

I've attached a poll, but I'd be really interested to hear what kind of things you'd like to see in any new Short Courses (although I know most of you won't ever get to do them). They can be able anything, from Chinese to Philosophy to P.E.

If anyone has any questions on the new junior cert that you're curious about I'd be happy to try to answer them as well.

Which statement would you agree most with? 8 votes

I think the Junior Cert doesn't teach me enough about myself and my relationships
    0% 0 votes
    I think the Junior Cert teaches me enough about myself and my relationships
    62% 5 votes
    I don't think that school is a good place to learn about myself or my relationships
    37% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

I'm in 5th year but have loved to do Psychology as part of the JC.. Wish it was on the LC course!
    Japanese might be cool as you could go on to do it for the leaving and I'd say a lot of people would be interested in drama/performing arts and maybe something like film studies?:)
    Philosophy would be interesting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Agricultural science would be class, I'm in third year and would have really liked to be doing this subject for my JC

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lfc12345

I'd love to see drama like as a practical acting and things

Advertisement