Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PURCHASE *FINANCE CH

Options
  • 10-11-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Does anyone know where this charge comes from?
    PURCHASE *FINANCE CH 48.09

We settle every month with at least the minimum payment.

We have only just noticed this charge.
    PAYMENT PROTECTION P 23.30
    We also dont remember signing up for a PPP, but we have just noticed that on our monthly charges as well... Time to switch credit card providers I think!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

'CH' is the international code for Switzerland, 'CHF' is the code for Swiss Francs, that offer any clues? Bear in mind that sometimes when you buy mail order on the web, the credit card transaction can happen in an unexpected country.

If it doesn't make sense, I'd phone the credit card company tomorrow, the first one may be a fraudulent transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Purchase Finance Ch = Purchase Finance Charge = another way of saying of interest.

Alas you probably did sign up for PPP. Up to a few years ago, it was a matter of a tiny tick box on applications. You don't have to keep it, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tuxx

coylemj wrote: »
    'CH' is the international code for Switzerland, 'CHF' is the code for Swiss Francs, that offer any clues? Bear in mind that sometimes when you buy mail order on the web, the credit card transaction can happen in an unexpected country.

If it doesn't make sense, I'd phone the credit card company tomorrow, the first one may be a fraudulent transaction.

Thanks for that. It's a regular monthly charge. We rarely use the card, and are on top of who we spend with..... I am now wondering if the CH is am abbreviation for Charges......

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tuxx

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Purchase Finance Ch = Purchase Finance Charge = another way of saying of interest.

Alas you probably did sign up for PPP. Up to a few years ago, it was a matter of a tiny tick box on applications. You don't have to keep it, however.

I will be onto them tomorrow!! Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tuxx wrote: »
    Does anyone know where this charge comes from?
    PURCHASE *FINANCE CH 48.09

We settle every month with at least the minimum payment.

Unless you paid in full, you are liable for interest on the outstanding balance, and the above text is "AIB" speak for Interest, they started using it 2/3 years ago. Not sure how the other providers phrase it.
    tuxx wrote: »
    We have only just noticed this charge.
    PAYMENT PROTECTION P 23.30
    We also dont remember signing up for a PPP, but we have just noticed that on our monthly charges as well... Time to switch credit card providers I think!!

You could cancel this, you should have also gotten some mail about this the past year or so, there are/were big scandals about the mis-selling of Payment protection Insurance. Ask them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

Unless you paid in full, you are liable for interest on the outstanding balance, and the above text is "AIB" speak for Interest, they started using it 2/3 years ago. Not sure how the other providers phrase it.

You could cancel this, you should have also gotten some mail about this the past year or so, there are/were big scandals about the mis-selling of Payment protection Insurance. Ask them about it.

and demand a refund !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

doubter wrote: »
    and demand a refund !!

Demanding a refund will get the OP nowhere is it wasn't missold. No harm in asking though.

Advertisement