Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 days late ,terrified.

Options
  • 10-11-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My last period started on the 6th and lasted three days (which is a little shorter than usual if that matters). During the course of the month (but avoiding the time when I usually ovulate ) each time with a condom. Now I'm three days late and terrified I could be pregnant,what is the likelihood of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

NewGirlx wrote: »
    My last period started on the 6th and lasted three days (which is a little shorter than usual if that matters). During the course of the month (but avoiding the time when I usually ovulate ) each time with a condom. Now I'm three days late and terrified I could be pregnant,what is the likelihood of this?

Take a home pregnancy test is the only advice I can give.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Cycles can fluctuate or go awol for reasons other than pregnancy. And stressing about a missing period can delay things further. At this stage, testing with first morning urine on a very sensitive test - first response are excellent- should tell you one way or the other.

In my ( and other friends) experience, a few hours after a negative test your period usually arrives. Mother Nature messing with you...

Get a test. If its negative and your period hasn't arrived talk to your gp.

Advertisement