Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 5s Self Screen Replacement

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I replaced the screen on my 5 using a very similar looking kit. Their feedback seems decent. I assume the screen on the 5S isn't hugly different to replace.

It's a fiddly job that might take you an hour or two if your'e very methodical about it (which you should be if you don't want to get the screws mixed up!)

If you take your time you should be fine. The only thing I would be wary of is the quality of the screwdrivers in the set. The cheap metal of the screwdrivers in my set wore down out before I could put my phone back together. I had to nip out to a hardware shop and spend €8 on a set of tiny screwdrivers to finish the job. The phone was perfect afterward though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The 5S is much more difficult as the home button is also the fingerprint recognition lens (at least this is what I was told in the Apple Store in Belfast)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

According to guides it's almost identical to changing it on a 5 other than the home button. It's easy on a 5 and once you make sure to label the screws properly you should be able to do it in 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Cheers for the feedback! And in terms of the quality of the screen compared to an official apple screen? Would they be of worse quality/more prone to scratches/breaking?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The screen in the kit I bought (from Amazon) was of identical quality to the original.

• Advertisement
Advertisement