Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of PSDP

Options
  • 10-11-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, just looking for advice, I'm undertaking a renovation to the downstairs of my 1800sq ft home and extension upstairs over a flat roof (new build about 200 sq ft). I know I will need a PSDP, my architect has quoted me €2950 for this task, is this fee normal or on the high side? If anyone has any recommendations of where I could get a PSDP at a more affordable I'd be delighted to hear by PM obviously, I'm based in Dublin

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is your architect going to act as PSDP themselves, or, will they get/engage a third party to act as PSDP?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ryanjcdub

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Is your architect going to act as PSDP themselves, or, will they get/engage a third party to act as PSDP?

The architect will be acting as PSDP but he wants an extra fee of €2950 to do this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sounds a bit pricey to be honest!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Sounds a bit pricey to be honest!

I thought that! What should I expect to pay do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

ryanjcdub wrote: »
    Hi, just looking for advice, I'm undertaking a renovation to the downstairs of my 1800sq ft home and extension upstairs over a flat roof (new build about 200 sq ft). I know I will need a PSDP, my architect has quoted me €2950 for this task

Is a PSDP actually required for works carried on a private dwelling ?

• Advertisement

Duiske wrote: »

Yes as my renovation / extension will take in excess of 30 days and require more than one trade

ryanjcdub wrote: »
    I thought that! What should I expect to pay do you think?

I can't really answer that one, but maybe/possibly approx. 1% to 1.5% of your build cost?

Problem is that if you engage a third party PSDP you will probably pay what your architect has quoted, as, in addition to other requirements, the PSDP should do a couple of site visits to ensure the PSCS is carrying out their duties satisfactorily.

If your architect has been appointed for the construction stage of the project, then, there should be a little bit of overlap (as they should/will be doing site visits anyway).

If you google, there are a couple of Health & Safety companies around who offer PSDP services...maybe do a bit of research and make a few calls.

Just to say that I have never dealt with any of these companies so I cannot suggest or recommend any names!

Duiske wrote: »

Yes...http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Publications_and_Forms/Publications/Construction/homeowners_guidance.pdf

Advertisement