Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN password + Dob problem

Options
  • 10-11-2014 11:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

Hi,just wondering how I fix my little problem with my psn account thanks in advance

My ps4 usually signs in automatically but the internet was off so when I turned it on to use it they asked for my psn password completely forgot it dont know how,went online reqested a password change email thing and they wanted my date of birth,I just typed in any old DOB when I signed up so im locked out now of my psn

Is there any way to retrieve this tried ringing left waiting for 20 mins on the phone have access to the email used just no password or dob :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

I had this problem before,

Once you get hold of them and let them of the problem, they will tell to you scan and email an piece of ID and then they send a temp password for you to access and then change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 lion777

I had this problem before,

Once you get hold of them and let them of the problem, they will tell to you scan and email an piece of ID and then they send a temp password for you to access and then change.

thanks ill try get through to them again tomorrow

Just out of curiousty can anybody tell me the number of characters the password has to be and if numbers have to be included might rejig something in my head

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

There's tools you can download that will return the DOB of your account, I had to do it myself, I'll check my PC when I get home I might still have it.
    However if you do go down that road be very careful, I checked the scripts source to see what it was actually doing and it was safe, it was accessing a link while pretending to be a request from an old PSP which caused account information to be returned. Very insecure of them tbh.

Resolved this by opening another username on my playstation and starting from scratch :) took me 3 days to think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I had this issue once and always insert correct credentials now ! Lesson learned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

lion777 wrote: »
    Resolved this by opening another username on my playstation and starting from scratch :) took me 3 days to think of it

Out of interest, how many chances do they give you to put in your DOB, if you put it in wrong a few times?

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Out of interest, how many chances do they give you to put in your DOB, if you put it in wrong a few times?

As many as you like i tried the normal ones like 1/1/ ect no joy,wrote this password down in a note book i went out and bought another 3 month sub thinking id need it for the new user waste of money but sure ill keep it to use when this one is up in a month or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

lion777 wrote: »
    As many as you like i tried the normal ones like 1/1/ ect no joy,wrote this password down in a note book i went out and bought another 3 month sub thinking id need it for the new user waste of money but sure ill keep it to use when this one is up in a month or two

Grand, there is only two DOB's I would use.

I'm pretty sure I used my real DOB but I do use another DOB for random websites. So I should be ok. :pac:

Edit, I just tried it and I know which dob it is now.

Advertisement