Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aviva walk

Options
  • 10-11-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I've been given tickets for the Ireland v USA game. Gonna get luas to the point.can I walk from there across east link bridge to aviva or is that not aloud.don't know if its a pedestrian bridge. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

hadepsx wrote: »
    I've been given tickets for the Ireland v USA game. Gonna get luas to the point.can I walk from there across east link bridge to aviva or is that not aloud.don't know if its a pedestrian bridge. Thanks

Yeah. You can walk across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes, you can walk across the bridge. It should take you about 15-20 mins, depending on how fast you walk & what gate you'll be entering the stadium at.

Another option is to get off the Luas at Connolly/Busaras and take the Dart to Landsdowne Rd. It will let you off right beside the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭hadepsx

thanks guys:)

Just a quick question. Is the aviva roofed. As I see on the webpage that they don't allow umbrella's into the stadium. And also can I bring in a backpack/bag that would have my meds etc in it

The seats are technically covered by the roof. But the roof is so high, there is plenty of room for rain to blow in & drench you. The lower down (and furthest away from the roof) you are, the wetter you'll get. The further up you are, the better your chances are of staying dry. Google pix of the stadium & you'll see what I mean.

You can't use a brolly inside the stadium, as it would obstruct the view of people behind you if you put one up. Bring a plastic poncho if are worried about staying dry. If its a wet day, there'll be people selling them outside on the street.

Bringing a bag/backpack shouldn't be a problem, but be prepared for your bag to be checked for alcohol or other banned items.

• Advertisement

Would theses banned items entail a rain jacket. Bottle of lucozade or two. And some biscuits. Diabetic here so don't wanna take a turn in the aviva if my blood levels start to drop

Your rain jacket and biscuits will fine.

Put a couple of spare Lucozade bottle tops in your pocket.

Most stadiums have a rule that you can't bring a full bottle of water/liquid into the stadium,. This is so that you can't hurl the full bottle as a weapon towards the players/performers. They let you bring the bottle of liquid in, but they make you remove the cap from it on the way in. If you need to keep your Lucozade secure until you need to drink it, just put the spare cap on, once you are out of sight of the safety stewards.

Odds are, most stewards would probably just leave you alone, once you explain why you have the Lucozade with you. But bring a couple of spare caps, just in case you meet that one stickler for doing things by the book.

Thanks.good idea you have there.speaking from experience I presume ;)

COYBIG

Advertisement