Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need clear grips for my Irregular Choice shoes

• 11-11-2014 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

As someone who never quite mastered the art of walking gracefully in heels, can anyone please recommend some clear sole grips that I can put onto my IC shoes to give me more grip and hopefully confidence to walk in them please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'd probably bring them to a cobbler and see what they suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Do you mean for the inside or for the sole?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

For the sole please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Aldo sell these, but I'm sure I've seen them in other shoe shops (I just can't remember where).

When you're having problems walking in heels, do your feet keep slipping out? Or do you 'just' have problems with balance? Or is it something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

convert wrote: »
    Aldo sell these, but I'm sure I've seen them in other shoe shops (I just can't remember where).

When you're having problems walking in heels, do your feet keep slipping out? Or do you 'just' have problems with balance? Or is it something else?

I have an issue with this, where one foot will constantly slip out of a shoe (when they are a court style shoe). I normally go for heels with some kind of strap but I have some lovely shoes without straps and I'd love to wear them but they slip off so much (also Irregular Choice) - any tips??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Probably a bit of all of the above! My balance isn't great (even on low heels) but my foot also slips out of the shoe a little.

It's more that I've gone skating more than once (and landed very sorely on my knee once, though thankfully it was at home and not in public) when walking on tiles, wooden floors or any kind of smooth surface.

I love the shoes, they LOOK so good but..........I'm at risk of just giving up in case I end up in A&E!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I find many types of Irregular Choice shoes run about half a size too big :(. I bought 2 pairs a couple of years ago and they were both half a size too big. If they have a bar going across the foot, they're usually fine, but slip on styles are too big and nothing seems to help.

I've seen it suggested before to scuff the soles with sandpaper to give them better grip, or carefully use a knife to very lightly slice the sole so that it's not so slick.

Advertisement