Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had to get licensing/registration to work in Australia?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello!

I think this is the 3rd thread I've started with a question about emmigrating in the past week - so many things to think about!

I've thrawled through boards to see if I could find any info on this but alas I did'nt find anything

What I would like to know is whether anyone else has had to obtain licensing/registration to work in their chosen occupation in Australia?

I work in the financial sector and provide advice to consumers, this is also regulated in Ireland and I have the appropriate license to do my job here. I've checked the relevant website for the licensing/registration authority but it was a little confusing. Does anyone know what it entails and how to get the ball rolling? How much does it cost? Is it possible to find employment in the Financial sector without this registration? I work in the insurance industry

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help me out with this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

In my occupation (Nuclear equipment) I need an Enviromental Protection License from NSW government, the kicker is you can't get one of these until you do a course and have a job and your employer provides you with a letter.

Fortunately I was able to secure a job firstly as a Technician for 3 months until I did the course and once I had the EPL was employed as an Engineer. The EPL was required for the following couple of visas I was on. That's my experience.

I'm not sure about Financial/Insurance sectors but I'm sure there is some sort of regulation for it, you need to accept Australia is OTT when it comes to regulations and licensing.

Advertisement