Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto E

• 11-11-2014 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Where is the cheapest place to buy a Moto E right now? Its okay if its locked to a network, as long as it can be unlocked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Three is the only carrier selling it at the mo. They have it on Prepay for €109, but you'd be better off buying it unlocked from Argos for €115 than going through the hassle of unlocking for the sake of 6 quid extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

duridian wrote: »
    Three is the only carrier selling it at the mo. They have it on Prepay for €109, but you'd be better off buying it unlocked from Argos for €115 than going through the hassle of unlocking for the sake of 6 quid extra.

I bought the moto e from meteor on pre pay last week for 79.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I bought the moto e from meteor on pre pay last week for 79.99

Yeah, I know they were selling it until recently, but they don't have it right now according to Meteor website. Unless you find a b&m Meteor store that still has one, but that would be just pure lucky chance by trying around any nearby stores.

Speaking of; My local Meteor store doesn't carry any of the Moto phones even when Meteor website said they were available from them. Owner spun me some load of bull about the Motorola's freezing up and being no good compared to cheap Samsungs, Huaweis and Sonys. Apparently he is truthful and rest of world is lying about how good the Moto G and Moto E are. :rolleyes:
    Guess they see the Motorola policy of selling their phones unlocked at a reasonable price as as threat to both the 24 contracts of Billpay and the SIMlocks of Prepay. CPW never seem to have any of the Motorolas either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'd say Tesco would be the cheapest that has it in stock.
    It's €79.99. http://www.tescomobile.ie/phones/displayPhone.aspx?p=228

Did I hear some where Tesco are getting an exclusive on Motorola phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Bit the bullet and bought one last night from Tesco Mobile. 79.99 is an excellent price.

anyone own one and want to give a mini review?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and bought one last night from Tesco Mobile. 79.99 is an excellent price.

anyone own one and want to give a mini review?

Bit late to be reading reviews if you already own it. Just play around with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Bit late to be reading reviews if you already own it. Just play around with it.

Ah no I read loads of reviews from professional reviewers, just seeing what others on here think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I got one for my daughter (have the 1st generation Moto G myself) and in normal use you've to look quite hard to spot the difference, in terms of screen/handling/general responsiveness. Knocks the socks off the competition at that price point, IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

Has anyone had any luck getting these unlocked?
    I got one as a gift from Tesco, tried to get a code off ebay but it came back as NOT FOUND

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

ShayC wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck getting these unlocked?
    I got one as a gift from Tesco, tried to get a code off ebay but it came back as NOT FOUND
    I got 2 unlocked for the kids very quickly from this crowd

Ebay item no, 221439546897

I can't post links

• Advertisement
Advertisement