Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please explain different stove types

Options
  • 11-11-2014 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Im interested in getting a stove with a back boiler, My house is a dormer bungalow, approx 1600 sq ft downstairs, with approx 1000 upstairs, I want to heat the water and radiators, Is it possible to do all this just with a stove or would i need to supplement with another heat source?
    Is a multi fuel stove the best as it burns many fuel types? how does this work?
    How much would it cost to purchase and install this stove?
    I appreciate any advice on this as Im green to this topic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

Hi Derek,

How many radiators do you have?
    Singles and doubles.
    How big is the room the stove will be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 derekblighe

Sanchez83 wrote: »
    Hi Derek,

How many radiators do you have?
    Singles and doubles.
    How big is the room the stove will be in?

Hi Sanchez,
    I'm not in the country at the moment so don't have measurements, but the room isn't very big, it's more long and narrow, and the house currently has 5-6 single radiators, but as the upstairs (it's an unfinished dormer) is not yet done, there will be another 5-6 rads added in the future.

Advertisement