Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repurpose room

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Again I refer to the first point in my last post .

This guy hasn't an actual clue what he can and can't legally do while your a tenant .

I'd be making a formal complaint to the PRTB If he pushes to keep you from enjoying your home in privacy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

o1s1n wrote: »
    This is utterly bizarre :pac: what else is he afraid of you 'putting in'?

I wouldn't fancy having a landlord over ever really, let alone him popping in every second month.

I think you're being a bit too accommodating to his odd behavior.

I have no clue. I might bring it up
    With the PRTB if it goes any further but I shall see how this goes first I suppose. He usually insists on a cup of tea for his travels anyways :rolleyes: I'm used to his odd behavior. It's always been just enough to creep me out but not enough to get me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lau2976 wrote: »
    I have no clue. I might bring it up
    With the PRTB if it goes any further but I shall see how this goes first I suppose. He usually insists on a cup of tea for his travels anyways :rolleyes: I'm used to his odd behavior. It's always been just enough to creep me out but not enough to get me out!

Dont know which is the more bizarre; the landlord or the tenant here. You have made a rod for your own back and allowed this amount of invasion and intrusion.

Maybe you need to call Threshold today. The whole thing will escalate else as you are seeing already. Letting him call to collect his rent is a bad move; I have always set up a standing order for the rent.

A cup of tea indeed!

The post re the room maybe having been where his parent died is interesting. I once viewed a house like that and they were seeing it as a shrine. Here I was "introduced" to an old wooden chair and told that the previous owner of the house had died sitting on it " And the amazing thing was HE DIDN'T FALL OFF!"

But letting the landlord in so often is a big mistake. Mine has been in only once in over 2 years and that was only because of a medical emergency situation. I have changed room round many times. Nothing to do with him frankly. As long as I leave things as they were when I leave.

Advertisement