Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lumia Demin Update

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

CatInABox wrote: »
    Check your OS version, and then compare it to here.

EDIT: And this is what happens when I don't pay attention to the thread, way too late!

It says on that site that the denim update is out for the 920 on Vodafone but nothing is showing up for me. Still waiting on update 8.1.1 too.

Edit doing something now.

Edit 2 Lumia denim installed now. Was having problems with the phone the last week and did a reset and then the update showed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭MickH503

wilser wrote: »
    Got the denim update this morning on my eMobile 930

Still haven't got it on a eMobile 925, despite been told it would be pushed by the end of last week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MickH503 wrote: »
    Still haven't got it on a eMobile 925, despite been told it would be pushed by the end of last week :(
    Are you on the Preview for Developers program? Try switching that off in the preview App and then check for updates.

That worked for me last week on Lumia 920.

Are you on the Preview for Developers program? Try switching that off in the preview App and then check for updates.

That worked for me last week on Lumia 920.

Yep, tried that, but not doing anything for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,825 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep, tried that, but not doing anything for me!

Check again now :)

I last checked the list on Saturday and Meteor (=eMobile) did not have Denim for the 925. Just checked now - it did have Denim - ran update and it is installing at the moment

Preview for Developers is still enabled BTW on my phone

That wasn't Denim yet, very close number though. Ran update again, no updates available. Switched off PfD, ran update and installing now. Expect it to be Denim this time. Hope this helps someone else in here.

unkel wrote: »
    That wasn't Denim yet, very close number though. Ran update again, no updates available. Switched off PfD, ran update and installing now. Expect it to be Denim this time. Hope this helps someone else in here.
    Very strange ... when I check the Microsoft list, I already have the correct OS (8.10.14226.359) and Firmware (3051.50009.1451.1006) revs, but in Extras + Info it says I still have Cyan installed :confused:

Very strange ... when I check the Microsoft list, I already have the correct OS (8.10.14226.359) and Firmware (3051.50009.1451.1006) revs, but in Extras + Info it says I still have Cyan installed :confused:

I got the Denim update last week on my 920 and my OS is 8.10.14234.375 with firmware version 3051.50009.1451.1009

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I got the Denim update last week on my 920 and my OS is 8.10.14234.375 with firmware version 3051.50009.1451.1009

What's your operator?
    My 920 is still waiting for Vodafone :(

• Advertisement

What's your operator?
    My 920 is still waiting for Vodafone :(

Vodafone.

Nothing was coming up until I had to reset the phone (had lots of issues). Then I kept trying the update and it eventually worked. Contact Vodafone or drop into a store as it should be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Ever since I got the Denim update on my 930, the Bluetooth connection drops (maybe not drops, but the music cuts out) for about 3-5 seconds, every 5 minutes....its very annoying. Its fine if I shutdown and restart....but then kicks in again at a later point. :(

After above update I checked and I had those exact same versions and Denim. As you say, they are the exact same versions as Microsoft lists for the 925 in Ireland

And when I just checked my phone now, I still have those versions but in Extras + Info my phone now tells me I'm back to Cyan :eek:

Must be some sort of error somewhere? :confused:

unkel wrote: »
    After above update I checked and I had those exact same versions and Denim. As you say, they are the exact same versions as Microsoft lists for the 925 in Ireland

And when I just checked my phone now, I still have those versions but in Extras + Info my phone now tells me I'm back to Cyan :eek:

Must be some sort of error somewhere? :confused:

I did a factory reset a few days ago before the latest update, so you'd imagine the software side *should* be ok. I had noticed a couple of weeks ago that when I switched the Preview for Developers on and off that Extras + Info was switching between saying Denim and Cyan but it doesn't seem to do that any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Just checked there and when I have the dev preview enabled my 925 is running cyan but when it is disabled I go back to denim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

wilser wrote: »
    Just checked there and when I have the dev preview enabled my 925 is running cyan but when it is disabled I go back to denim.

That's a bug with the Extras+Info app, the best way to know if you have the Denim update is to see if the Lumia Camera app is installed, or can be downloaded from the store - it requires Denim to run.

• Advertisement

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Vodafone.

Nothing was coming up until I had to reset the phone (had lots of issues). Then I kept trying the update and it eventually worked. Contact Vodafone or drop into a store as it should be available.

Well, today i got the update, without having to check with Vodafone. After disabling the Preview for Developers, reinstalling it, rebooting, suddenly I got the update.

All good now :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭jos22

Well, today i got the update, without having to check with Vodafone. After disabling the Preview for Developers, reinstalling it, rebooting, suddenly I got the update.

All good now :)
    Thanks

turn back on PFD and your back to Cyan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

theothernt wrote: »
    That's a bug with the Extras+Info app, the best way to know if you have the Denim update is to see if the Lumia Camera app is installed, or can be downloaded from the store - it requires Denim to run.

Yeah have the Lumia app, think you are right about a bug because it works when the extras and info says that the phone is running cyan and denim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

jos22 wrote: »
    turn back on PFD and your back to Cyan
    I wonder why's that?

I've exactly the same on 520 - Cyan with PfD on, Denim with PfD off. :o

joujoujou wrote: »
    I wonder why's that?

I've exactly the same on 520 - Cyan with PfD on, Denim with PfD off. :o

As I mentioned before, it's a bug with the Extra+Info app - the only way to know is to try and run/download Lumia Camera :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ahh, right. :o

Sorry, missed that bit before. :(

Yep, I've Lumia Camera installed indeed. :)

Did any of you got Cortana on the 920 Denim update?
    I thought Denim was suppose to bring Cortana to all wp 8.1 phones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think you need to set your region to US or UK. I've mine set to the US and Cortana is there.

Not sure about the hype around 'her' but i'll continue to give it a go

Windows Phone 8.1 brought the capability to *all* phones, but only a limited set of regions were supported.

Update 1 added more regions to that list, but Ireland is not on it.

If you want Cortana to work, you'll have to set your region to the UK or U.S.

theothernt wrote: »
    Windows Phone 8.1 brought the capability to *all* phones, but only a limited set of regions were supported.

Update 1 added more regions to that list, but Ireland is not on it.

If you want Cortana to work, you'll have to set your region to the UK or U.S.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought that Ireland was already on the list.

I reset my 920 using the software recovery tool as it was acting up and even though I have, what appears to be Denim features, the info says Cyan. I'm not on a preview phone and prior to reset the info was showing Denim.

Advertisement