Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites to Find Furnished Rooms?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,

I'm an american moving to Ireland in 2015 on a working holiday visa. I studied at DCU a few years back and am happy to finally make my way back to Dublin.

I have ample funds to support myself for several month, but as I'm only going to be in town for a year am I going to have trouble with letting agents refusing to rent to me?

Ideally I'd love to just rent a furnished room for a few months at a time, but I'm not sure where I would go looking online.

Any ideas? Thanks, all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

http://www.daft.ie/sharing/

fyi, the rental market has gone mad in Dublin. Huge demand, little supply. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Narcissus87

Thanks for this, I just checked it out and there are actually some do-able places in my price range and preferred location!

I'm in my late twenties and looking to do some temp work in the city centre (if such a thing still exists), and I found Glasnevin and Drumcondra to have pretty much everything I need - is there any areas around or in Dublin that I should avoid, given that I want to be around young working professionals and/or students?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Drumcondra and Glasnevin are both nice areas. Since you've already lived in Dublin before I'm sure you know the area around there from your studies in DCU. I'd suggest that if you're looking in that area, a number of places will likely free up in the summer months when the students finish the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I would strongly advise setting up a profile on Daft in the "searching for housemates" section, and also setting up e-mail alerts for new properties that fit your criteria.

I was looking all summer without any luck as by the time I found ads that I liked, the viewings were already full up. When I eventually did this (and got a smartphone so I could check listings any time of the day) I found a lovely room within a week or two.

PS Fairview/Marino is really nice too and walking/cycling distance to town :)

Advertisement