Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday, For Dublin!

Options
  • 11-11-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,

I'm an american trying to move to Dublin in 2015. I studied abroad at DCU five years ago, and have been trying to find a way back since! I recently finished up my master's degree and will be doing the working holiday visa to Ireland.

The problem is, I can't seem to find any good guides online! In particular, I'm a bit concerned about finding a good paycheck - I've heard such conflicting things about the state of the irish economy. I'm from California where things have improved since the recession but are still in no way good.

I've worked in offices and restaurants in the past, have a master's degree and classroom teaching experience - will I be able to find an affordable place (for Ireland!) and enough work to get by?

Thanks, all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hey all,

I'm an american trying to move to Dublin in 2015. I studied abroad at DCU five years ago, and have been trying to find a way back since! I recently finished up my master's degree and will be doing the working holiday visa to Ireland.

The problem is, I can't seem to find any good guides online! In particular, I'm a bit concerned about finding a good paycheck - I've heard such conflicting things about the state of the irish economy. I'm from California where things have improved since the recession but are still in no way good.

I've worked in offices and restaurants in the past, have a master's degree and classroom teaching experience - will I be able to find an affordable place (for Ireland!) and enough work to get by?

Thanks, all!

Welcome to boards.ie!

I've moved your thread from our Travel Independent & Youth forum to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hey all,

Thanks, all!

Ireland is set to be the fastest growing Economy in the EU once again basically the best of a bad bunch and because it hit harder than others starting from a lower point! But still it shows that things are improving the knock on effect of that is that there are job notices popping up a lot more now I have a business in town and was at a meeting last week where almost everyone said they were looking at hiring permanent positions next year so definitely looks like businesses are seeing an increase in demand. The downside of the improvement in the economy is that Dublin rents have gone absolutely bonkers have a look on daft.ie to see what the prices are like right now.

Advertisement