Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No space on my iPhone.

• 11-11-2014 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

I've literally deleted everything I could, I've turned off photo stream, I've deleted pretty much all my apps. I deleted my music from my iPod. I have 660 photos saved, and maybe 2 iMessage conversations that I won't get rid of but it's not helping my phone at all.

315e335.jpg

That's literally all I have, why is there no space?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Downloaded email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Zcott wrote: »
    Downloaded email?

I don't understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

go to settings > general > usage > manage storage. and see whats using your storage space

iz5bhh.jpg

Nothing that I can see

qnr892.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Restore it in iTunes. Did you buy more iCloud space cos first it says 5gb then 20gb?

Yeah I bought more cause I was gonna back up everything and wipe it.
    My laptop is broken, is there any other way to do a restore? I'm sorry I'm completely stupid when it comes to technology. This is too much phone for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

On your iCloud Backups, go in and check when the most recent iCloud backup was. If there wasn't one, make one by choosing Backup Now. And then go to settings > general > reset > reset all content and settings and that might help.

Will that save all my iMessage conversations too?

Yeah messages are saved.

• Advertisement

Ok this is a disaster, I tried do a backup. It says its incomplete.
    I can't log onto iCloud to see if my photos and iMessages backed up, as its saying I need a newer iOS to view it.

I tried to download the newest version but I need almost 7gbs to do so.
    I can't wipe my phone until I'm sure my photos and messages saved

11vpt9k.jpg
    2n7icgj.jpg
    11jneqh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

11vpt9k.jpg
    2n7icgj.jpg
    11jneqh.jpg

Looks like you're using and older version of iOS, ios 8 might of been automatically downloaded and waiting for you to install, check settings > software update? That might be hoggng 4 - 5 gb

zv7j85.jpg

There is that there but I can't download it as I don't have that much space, but no matter what I delete it won't give me enough space, I can't download iCloud because I've not got iOS 8, so I can't see if my photos saved, which means I can't wipe the phone as suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Your only option is going to be to find a computer with iTunes installed.

Borrow a friends/family one. It won't take long.

Connect the phone, in backup section, select "this computer" and click backup.

Once completed, click restore and update. Then restore using your backup that you made on that computer.

Once finished, delete your iCloud backup, and create a new one.

If your worried about your pictures, connect your phone, open my computer, and copy the DCIM folder where all your photo's on the phone are stored.

zv7j85.jpg

There is that there but I can't download it as I don't have that much space, but no matter what I delete it won't give me enough space, I can't download iCloud because I've not got iOS 8, so I can't see if my photos saved, which means I can't wipe the phone as suggested
    You don't download iCloud, it comes as part of iOS since iOS 5.

But it won't let me access it because I don't have ios8

Go to settings and take a screen shot

Advertisement