Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit cards

Options
  • 11-11-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all. I currently have an AIB credit card that is charging 19%. Does anyone know of a CC company that will take over a balance for a more resonable %APR? I have tried the big banks, and they are all pretty much the same. Thanks in advance, Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Not a consumer issue. Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

tuxx wrote: »
    Hi all. I currently have an AIB credit card that is charging 19%. Does anyone know of a CC company that will take over a balance for a more resonable %APR? I have tried the big banks, and they are all pretty much the same. Thanks in advance, Jon

Which banks have you tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tuxx

dobsdave wrote: »
    Which banks have you tried?

The main ones. We are with AIB, but have tried Ulster, allied, tsb and Tesco. Over in the UK there is a lot more choice, and none of this 'let's all set a higher rate' that is obviously going on here...... Some company with a low rate could clean up!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AIB's Click card has an APR of around 13% if I recall correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

tuxx wrote: »
    The main ones. We are with AIB, but have tried Ulster, allied, tsb and Tesco. Over in the UK there is a lot more choice, and none of this 'let's all set a higher rate' that is obviously going on here...... Some company with a low rate could clean up!

All here:

http://compare.consumerhelp.ie/CreditCard

Click card is 13.6, other cards have a better transfer rate for the first few months, but then go back to standard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement