Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I decided to start a log

Options
  • 11-11-2014 12:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

A bit about myself first i suppose. In my early twenties, still in university doing a research project which (should) be taking up a lot of my time but have not really got into the nitty gritty of it as of yet. I also work p/t between 24-30 hrs per week, really cushty job I have.

Im 6ft 3 and 90kg with a body fat % of 13 but looking to get under 10% before next Febraury. Currently nursing an injury which prevents me from running for the next 2 months so finding time or ways to do cardio is challenging.

I am not a gym rat, a powerlifter or anything like that. Im a regular guy who plays sports from Feb/Mar -Sept/Oct. I used to play rugby up until a few years ago but gave it up to concentrate on GAA. I suppose Im in fairly good shape, but my natural frame is kind of tall and lanky but Im really working on it and seeing good results in my legs which Im particulary trying to increase the size and power of them. I usually go the gym in the mornings after a quick snack, and would do anything from a minimum of 3 sessions in the gym per week and at most I would do 5 sessions a week. I do a split in my gym work to make sure work every area of my body but Im paying particular attention to squats and power lifts in this off season compared to previous off seasons.

Anyway, I will post up my workouts from everyday and the sets and reps I do . I hope some other posters will contribute and all comments , be it negative or positive are welcome, I wont get ratty if you think my workouts need changing or anything, but Iv got a good knowledge of sports and sports nutrition , my college work requires me to have a good knowledge so I know what Im at basically.

Anyway.. just back from doing a legs/power workout. Heres what I did:

Deadlift:
    3 sets of 6: 100kg (felt good, good form also)
    2 sets of 4: 110kg (also felt good, could do more I reckon but dont want to lose form)

Power Clean:
    5 sets of 5 : 55kg (only new to this lift so trying to get good form first but Im fairly comfortable with the weight, will try 60kg next time)

Squat (regular):
    5 sets of 5 : 90kg ( felt good , form dropped a bit for last 2 sets but happy enough overall, might try for 2 sets of 100 next time and see what happens)

Went for a swim after for 45 mins just get in some cardio, havent done a bit of any cardio in 6 weeks due to an injury. Was absolutley bollixed after a couple of lenghts haha, but kept at it and done 20 lenghts in the end, feel amazing after it. Swimming is def my fav way to get in some cardio, great for conditioning too.

About to crack open a few eggs for a snack, so Im looking forward to any comments anyone has. Peace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you don't do it already, I would suggest you record your lifts so you can have a proper look at form. It's easy to think you're doing it right when you're not. A video will give you the cold truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

If you don't do it already, I would suggest you record your lifts so you can have a proper look at form. It's easy to think you're doing it right when you're not. A video will give you the cold truth.

cheers man. will look into getting it done.

Food so far:
    Pre w/o: Fage yougurt with scoop of whey, scoop of oats.
    Post w/o: 2 scoops whey , scoop oats, bannana.
    12.00: 5 egg whites, 2 yolks, 200ml milk scrambled. 2 slices wholemeal bread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Workout today done bit of chest and triceps. Had physio before and work after so was kinda rushing and wasent entirely happy with the workout on the whole but I suppose its better than not being there at all.

30x2 push ups and foam roller stretching for 5mins to loosen out.

Bench press: 80kg 2x6
    78.5 1x6
    75 1x6
    70 1x8

Single arm dumbbell row: 3 sets x 30kg

Incline dumbbell press: 28kg x 8
    26kg x 7
    22kg x 10

Tri dips bench: 3x20
    Cable fly's : 4 sets of 8 on 7th pin
    Tri rope push down: 4 sets of 8
    Dips: 3x 6