Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no dirty nappy for 4 days ?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

hi all, my 8 week old is combination fed since birth
    using aptamil, he usually has a dirty nappy every 2 days but its been 4 days now, he is feeding away as usual, how long should i leave it before trying something, and whats the best thing to try ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I had the same problem with my little girl. She didn't poop for 5 days. I asked the phn and she said for combination fed babies 6 days is ok after that a trip to the dr is needed to check all is ok. You could try a oz of cooled boiled water and see if that get things movings. I was so worried as her little tummy was hard as rock but she didn't seem To be in any discomfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

my fellas tummy was rock hard this morning, but a few stretches later it was all wind
    i will try him with an oz of warm water and a bath now to see if that helps
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

hi all, my 8 week old is combination fed since birth
    using aptamil, he usually has a dirty nappy every 2 days but its been 4 days now, he is feeding away as usual, how long should i leave it before trying something, and whats the best thing to try ?

Try massage his belly.
    The best thing I have found and unusually there is a big explosion afterwards
    I massage my little chaps belly at each nappy change he loves it!

monflat wrote: »
    Try massage his belly.
    The best thing I have found and unusually there is a big explosion afterwards
    I massage my little chaps belly at each nappy change he loves it!
    im doing the massage every nappy change already and the bicycle motion with his legs, he had a problem bringing up his wind recently so that was helping
    so much to learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

im doing the massage every nappy change already and the bicycle motion with his legs, he had a problem bringing up his wind recently so that was helping
    so much to learn...

Ah no bother to you
    I know I have heard some bf babies goin a weekwith no didirty nappy but I have never experienced any more than 30 hrs without one.

Sugar and water was what my mother's era would recommend. Lactolose /duphlac. Is over the counter it's constituents are sugar also so that can be given to babies in the reccomended dosage.
    Ask pharmacist maybe if you need to.

• Advertisement

well the big explosion happened last night :-)
    i tried the warm water, he wasnt impressed at all, looked at me like i was tricking him
    such a relief for me and him
    thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

My daughter was breastfed and often went 10 days without a dirty nappy. I wouldn't worry if everything else seems normal. If the baby's in good form and doesn't seem in pain like.

Advertisement