Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New efibre cabinet nearby - house connected to another exchange miles away

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Thanks Alan,

Is there ADSL1 or ADSL2+ in that exchange at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Drift wrote: »
    Thanks Alan,

No worries Drift

Yes the exchange is definitely ADSL2+ enabled

Al

Thanks Alan,

No worries Drift

Al
    Balls! That means no increase in the current speed of 4Meg so. :( 

That's disappointing but what can one do - maybe there might be some rewiring at the exchange that might benefit me slightly! Every little helps.

Thanks Alan. As before - keep me up to date please.

Thanks Alan,

No worries Drift

Al
    Balls! That means no increase in the current speed of 4Meg so. :( 

That's disappointing but what can one do - maybe there might be some rewiring at the exchange that might benefit me slightly! Every little helps.

Thanks Alan. As before - keep me up to date please.
    No worries Drift

I genuinely hope that one day I will be able to offer you positive news :)

Al

I'll make you a deal Alan - the day you get me anything above 15Meg there's a cup of tea waiting for you at the house and you and I can look out the window at the cabinet that I'm not allowed connect to! ;) ;)

Thanks again. - I really appreciate how helpful you have been!

• Advertisement

I'll make you a deal Alan - the day you get me anything above 15Meg there's a cup of tea waiting for you at the house and you and I can look out the window at the cabinet that I'm not allowed connect to! ;) ;)

Thanks again. - I really appreciate how helpful you have been!
    Thanks Drift :)

Al

Hi Alan,

It has been a few months now.

I'd love if you could look into this for me again.

Also - can you let me know how I would get the UAN for my new house. The previous owner doesn't know it and I don't currently have a landline provider.

Thanks

Hi Alan,

It has been a few months now.

I'd love if you could look into this for me again.

Also - can you let me know how I would get the UAN for my new house. The previous owner doesn't know it and I don't currently have a landline provider.

Thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Drift

A UAN means Universal account number however there is only a UAN applicable to an address when if service is active. A UAN is required when moving active service from one provider to another. If you're connecting with another provider there is nothing eircom can assist with other than assisting the other provider in response to any of their wholesale requests.

Unfortunately I do not have good new for you surrounding eFibre. The cabinet that serves your area (TTH1_E01) is located too far to offer efibre broadband – while the cabinet itself is actually activated it’s located beyond the 2Km range. I know you have had your fingers crossed for quite a while and I’m genuinely sorry I have to deliver bad news Drift.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

I was hoping the direct to exchange system you have been talking about might have been of help but it turns out not to be the case. Can't say I'm surprised but I'm very disappointed considering there is a fibre cabinet 800m from my house that eircom refuse to connect me to.

With regards to the UAN. How do I get a service at the house without it?

I have the phone number that it used to be? Is that sufficient to get connected?

I was hoping the direct to exchange system you have been talking about might have been of help but it turns out not to be the case. Can't say I'm surprised but I'm very disappointed considering there is a fibre cabinet 800m from my house that eircom refuse to connect me to.

With regards to the UAN. How do I get a service at the house without it?

I have the phone number that it used to be? Is that sufficient to get connected?
    Hi Drift

I can only advise in regards to connecting with eircom and yes certainly the old phone number will be fine. I'm sorry I can;t give you better news RE eFibre.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan

Thanks Alan
    No problem at all Drift

Al

Advertisement